We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

I am leaving to DR in 6 days I wanted to know what is the best method of getting around from STI airport to LIfestyle hotel in Puerto plata. Keep in mind that my flight will arrive at 4am:/ .... Is there some suggestions????

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

Any idea on when the last coach runs from STI to Puerto Plata?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,256 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

Last Caribe tour bus is aruond 7:30. Here is a link to the web site:

http://www.caribetours.com.do/site/portada/

BObK

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

Cheers Bob - so looks like they run every hr on the half? :)

How much is it from the airport to the coach terminal?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,256 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

It will cost you about $25 for the cab and will take 20 min. Then about the same on the PP side

BObK

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,987 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

That was a very good price BFG. I'll tell Elias he has competition.

Also I just noticed on the Caribe tours web site that the first bus out to PP/Sosua is now 0845 and the last bus is now at 2145.

So if you want an early start the best bet is now Javilla Tours bus Santiago to PP. Their first bus is at 0600 I believe. The bus is more modest than the Metro and Caribe but it is dependable and runs on time.

Edited: 4:05 pm, April 17, 2012
New York City
Level Contributor
3,586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

Hola RV!

Yeah man, I truly lucked up with meeting my new driver ... I'm actually gonna use him again in July. Another late arrival, but it's not the 3-4:00am variety. More like 9:00pm ... plenty of time to make it to Rumba's after an 11:00pm check-in!

Thanks for the info on the schedules, but i'm thinking I'll pass on the buses and stick with the quicker private driver. Yeah, I'm paying $60, but it's worth it for the speed and convenience of it all. And dude knows those winding mountains! We were flyin'! :-)

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

BFG, I called your driver the day before our flight and we agreed he'd pick us up at 2am in Santiago. He was no where to be found. I borrowed someone's phone to call him and he told me he was a half hour away. I was pissed and ended up paying a taxi $100 bucks to get me to Sosua. I hope this doesn't happen to you.

Hope to meet you in person in July.

New York City
Level Contributor
3,586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

Whoa ... that blows! I'm sure he would have been there on time if he could have. From what I'm learning of him, he's constantly on his grind, and likely couldn't turn down another fare.

For what it's worth, apparently there are lurkers on TA (who knew?!) 'cause I've got four PMs since my post recommending Juan and these good folks didn't have any trouble utilizing his service. I hope I won't either.

And yup! We will definitely meet in July! Looking forward to it! First round's on the Fly! :-)

Save Reply
19. Re: Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

Called Elias to arrange a pickup and he spoke good English. He is picking us up at STI next Tuesday for the ride to Sosua. It is my first time flying to Santiago. Air Fares were much cheaper there. Hope this all works out. Thanks for the help. I will post how it goes.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,256 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Transfer from STI to Puerto Plata

Elias is very reliable and he will be waiting for you when you clear customs.

BObK

Get answers to your questions about Sosua