We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gregg

New York and...
12 posts
Save Topic
Gregg

Well Tanner I think that you may need to review the "facts". If you read my last post you will understand the mistake that Gregg made as well as the mistake that I made. I am not sure why Gregg chose this occassion to turn his usually postive posts negative but if you conside "stop this cheesy attempt to appear to be a tourist who is impressed with the New York Shark Bar and tell it like it is. " a postive comment than I understand a little bit more why you think that he didn't jump down anyone's throat. I have sent him an personal email to try and understand why he did and have not received a response so I can not comment on why someone who appears to like our bar would do what he did.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gregg

Just wondering but was the idea of Brian starting a post pretending to be nothing more than a tourist half your idea and this is why you are being so defensive?

I would have been just as interested in reading the post if it was the owner. I like to learn about great places to visit in the DR.

New York and...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gregg

In answer to your question Tanner. Brian told me that he was going to post a review on Trip Advisor which I thought was really cool. Brian lives and works in in New York and visits Sosua a few times a year. In what way does that make him "not a tourist?" Please enlighten me.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gregg

I never said he wasn't a tourist. Go back to the other post and check out what Kaki had to say. Pretty much hits the nail on the head. Have a good day and I'll ask for you when I make it to the Shark Bar. And yes I will stop by as it does sound like a place to experience.

Chow for now

Tanner

New York and...
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gregg

OK so now you say that you never said that he wasn't a tourist. That confuses me a little as you post says "Brian starting a post pretending to be nothing more than a tourist" As far as the post by Kaki please review my response to his post. See you when you stop in. You're right, it is a great experience.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Gregg

Must be time to change the subject. Seems words and thoughts are getting mixed up. I'm not here to spat just to review places to take in. Like I said I don't usually get involved in this kind of stuff cause this is what happens.

I'm in a toss up of Mexico and DR for the next vacation and if I do decide on Dr it may just be Sosua that I choose as I loved the convienence of swimming out to the reef and snorkling as well as I found the shops to be the best price aside from Santa Domingo. I will make it back to Sosua and when I do I will have to check in and have a beer with you. Maybe even a laugh over this as well.

Have a great day

Tanner