We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big celebration dinner in Sosua

Which Sosua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
74 reviews
Save Topic
Big celebration dinner in Sosua

Hello everyone. I am getting married in Sosua this weekend, and we want to have a big celebratory dinner on Friday night (May 27th). Any suggestions for a great place, with good atmosphere, great food, and excellent service...or any of the above?

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big celebration dinner in Sosua

Where are you getting married?

I would assume it is at a resort?

There's really no high end restaurants in Sosua, but there's an absolutely incredible french restaurant at the Victorian House (hotel). It is small, but the food and service is excellent!

You can e-mail the place and ask them if they will let you book the dinner. You would not regret it, I guarantee!!

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big celebration dinner in Sosua

PS. Their website is

www.starzresorts.com

(choose the boutique collection)

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
670 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big celebration dinner in Sosua

Bella: I seem to remember there being a rather high-end restaurant next to Casa Marina Reef... the Waterfront, Waterside, something like that. Are you familiar with it? Is it even still open? That might be worth Brooklyn's consideration as well.

New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Big celebration dinner in Sosua

La Roca or P.J.'s will suit your needs.both are near the beach and have nice food. La roca has all you can eat ribs on friday nights.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Big celebration dinner in Sosua

The place I always recommend which seems to fit the "special" label for this sort of occasion is La Puntilla at Piergiorgio Palace Hotel:

www.piergiorgiohotel.com/la_puntilla.htm

The one Bill is thinking of is On the Waterfront Restaurant at Hotel Waterfront:

www.hotelwaterfrontdr.com/eng/restaurant.html

Either is recommended with La Puntilla being my personal favourite.

Gregg

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big celebration dinner in Sosua

Guys! Waterfront restaurant - is that the italian place close to Victorian House on the cliff?

Last year when I went, it was supposed to be pretty new.

We didn't go there.

I think La Roca is a bit too casual for that kind of event.

Sosua
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Big celebration dinner in Sosua

Joseph's Grill & Grape is the new restaurant at Sosua by the Sea Boutique Beach Resort.

Not to blow our own horn, but we've been getting rave reviews and you might want to ask some locals what they think before deciding on where to eat.

Menu is table d'hote style, with your choice of two aps, 3 mains and 2 desserts with coffee, and we change the menu every week.

I'm out of the country right now, but if you wanted more information, you could email the manager at m.naudtsATsosuabytheseaDOTcom.

Cheers!

Joseph

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
670 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Big celebration dinner in Sosua

Well folks, I guess our recommendations are moot at this point. BrooklynDB is surely already in Sosua, and I'm sure she and her party are going to have a wonderful dinner tonight (5/27). Joseph, welcome to the forum! Thanks for the heads-up on your restaurant. Sousa by the Sea looks like a great resort for those wanting an intimate setting and personal service. I admired it when staying next door at CMR a few years ago. Glad to have you online; we need all the help we can get in convincing these folks that there's mucth to see and do outside the gates of Playa Dorada! :-)

Bella, I believe La Puntilla (Gregg's recommendation) is the Italian restaurant you're thinking of. Gregg, we can always count on you for excellent tips. It looks like a great place.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
751 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Big celebration dinner in Sosua

Does anybody know exactly how to get La Puntilla from Playa Dorada? I know its near Sosua, but can anyone give me exact directions?

Gregg has raved about it and I'm dying to try it out!!

Cheryl

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Big celebration dinner in Sosua

La Puntilla is in Sosua out on the cliffs past El Neptuno condos. Ask anyone for directions to the Piergiorgio Hotel.

And Joseph's Grill and Grape is getting excellent reviews (at least from my buddys Escott and Dawnwill on another board). My bad for missing your restaurant Joseph - mea culpa!! But if I win the vacation at the Debbie's Fiesta in July I will be able to give my own review. Go JetBlue and Sosua-By-The-Sea!!

Gregg