We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral costa caribe

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Coral costa caribe

Wife and I are heading there on March 15 and cant wait Anyone who has been recently please let me know how far of a drive is it from the airport and how close is the nearest town from the resort Any other info and tip would be appreciated as this is our first time to the Dominican Thanks

Ed

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
403 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral costa caribe

Hi,

I just got back from CCC today, actually just a few short hours ago, and despite the red-eye flight home I'm quite alert right now. In terms of distance from the airport it all depends on how many stops the bus your travel agency will do along the way to otther hotels they cater to...also which airport you arrive at makes a big difference. If you arrive at LaRomana, expect about an hour if you're the only stop the bus will make if not it should not take more than 1.5h for many stops (the bus has AC, so a sweater might come in handy). If you arrive at Punta Cana, the drive is twice as long from what I've heard.

I went to visit Santo Domingo, which is the capital & also the most interesting city nearby. My friends and I took the city bus aka "GuaGua" it only cost the equivalent of 2$ canadian (thus 50-60 dominican pesos) each way, but be sure it actually goes all the way to Santo Domingo before you get on and negotiate the price before as well. Its perfectly safe, but there are not real marked bus stops, just stand on the side of the road and they will stop. If you'd rather take a cab it costs about 65$ US one way...quite steep!! Anyway, If you have more questions, feel free to message me!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
753 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral costa caribe

Please be carefull at this hotel just had clients robbed at gun point by a pimp. There is a public road running down the middle of the resort. Be carefull please!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral costa caribe

Does anybody have an email to the Coral Costa Caribe?

4. Re: Coral costa caribe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 21, 2009