We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tropical storm Noel

Which Juan Dolio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
columbus, ohio
1 post
Save Topic
tropical storm Noel

I am going to be staying at the Barcelo Talanquera next week (11/9) and was wondering if anyone knows how conditions are at the airport, hotel, etc? With all of the news I'm seeing here about the flooding and damage, I'm wondering if we should change our plans. Any advice?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,977 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tropical storm Noel

all is ok...

mike

central, Pa. USA
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tropical storm Noel

We will arrive im Punta Cana 11/2. We have a one day trip to Catalina Isl. planned for next week. Should we cancel the trip?

new hampshire
Level Contributor
693 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tropical storm Noel

i just got home last night and you are ok we did go and see your resort it is weird because it is on both sides of the road make sure you get on the ocean we stayed at the barcello capella and had a ball all i can say is make sure you all tip because they are so poor and i saw no one tip but a few americans i will review later this week but we did have a good time lots of food and drinks have a ball and the airport at sanot domingo is fasinating you will love the organization if you are taking a taxi DO NOT pay more than 35.00 one way to your resort good luck

miga99
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: tropical storm Noel

So, the Santo Domingo airport is back up and running? Was there any damage to either of the Barcelo hotels (Talanquera or Capella)? Thanks in advance for any info you might have!

new hampshire
Level Contributor
693 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tropical storm Noel

not at all but if i had a choice i would go to the barcelo capella i would try to change with my travel agent its a dark and dingy resort the capella is alot nicer but there was no damage on that side of the island as of tuesday when we left except rain and windy but no damage enjoy and walk the beach and see all the new resorts going up its amazing there is not much to do in this area i would take a trip to santo domingo for the day there is so much history there and shopping we did not go because of all the rain every day enjoy the sun for me (lol)

6. Re: tropical storm Noel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, September 11, 2009