We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet and cable extra

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Internet and cable extra

For rentals generally electricity is extra, how much would cable and internet cost per month?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,031 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet and cable extra

I really depends on where you are renting and for how long.

Many places will charge for electric for long term rentals (not all do this) and most will include cable and internet in your rental.

Where are you considering to rent?

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet and cable extra

Not really answering the question, but we charge for electricity for all rentals, short & long. This was after we had a family stay for a fortnight who thought the best way to tackle global warming was to have the air-conditioning on 24 hours a day, with the windows open! After commission was taken out and the bill paid, we literally had US$20!

I would expect that most 'tourist' establishments would have cable & internet included in the rental (if they are there) because you can't really switch them on and off depending upon whether the renter wanted them or not. In a residential area it would be different I'd guess.

3. Re: Internet and cable extra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 10, 2015