We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic restaurant?

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
31 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic restaurant?

Any romantic restaurant recommendations? I'm trying to plan a special evening (early valentine's day celebration) while in Cabarete. Any ideas?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic restaurant?

I always go to the Waterfront Restaurant in Sosua. On the water, good food and service.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,086 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic restaurant?

In Cabarete, iOtra Cosa and Embocca. Up in the mountain, Castle Club but you need a group of people to go with. They won't take reservations just for two.

In Sosua (actually almost at the border between Cabarete and Sosua), if you can reserve a gazebo, Al Porto.

I haven't eaten in Casa 21 in Sosua but hear they have incredible good food. I don't know how romantic it is, but from the pictures of the hotel and dining area, it could be.

Silvia

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,228 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic restaurant?

Also might consider Bliss accross the street from Ocean Dream. Very romatic, quet and good food. Not ocean side though.

Castle club is also very nice but you have to have a party of 6 or more before they will open. So you might check if they already are serving a dinner that night and can they set you up at your own private table (Doug and Marquite are quite accomadating)

BObKI

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
31 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic restaurant?

Thank you for all of the suggestions. Would it be reasonable to make reservations when I get to town or would it be make these prior to my arrival? I have minimal Spanish skills (at best) so I'm not sure how successful this process would be prior to our arrival.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,086 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic restaurant?

You shouldn't have a problem making the reservation when you arrive. In any event, in all of the restaurants mentioned you won't have a problem finding wait staff who speak English.

Silvia

La Salle MB
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic restaurant?

Dinner on the beach with musicians seranading you. Many choices, depending on the kind of food you enjoy. I would recommend Miro, I love the decor, the owner is always there and really makes you feel welcome. Some of the best food we have found in town. A little pricey, but well worth the extra. The cevichy was unreal.

I would suggest that once you get down scout oout the places and go with the one that grabs you. It is quieter here this year and other than Blue Moon or Castle club, which only takes groups a reservation with a days notice will not be a problem at all.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,086 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic restaurant?

I forgot about Miro. I don't know how romantic it could be. It depends on how many people are on the beach that day, but the food is indeed excellent. It's quite pricey but so are the rest of the restaurants we suggested.

Silvia

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
259 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic restaurant?

Bliss is my vote

9. Re: Romantic restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 23, 2014