We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going Round and Round about which hotel

Ocracoke, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Going Round and Round about which hotel

I have read enough to know that I want to be in Cabarete (or maybe Sosua?). I am looking for a swimming beach(not too windy and smaller waves), a reef to swim toright off the beach, and easy/safe access to nightlife. I would like the hotel to offer free full/hot breakfast. I keep going around and around; I can spend a whole day just reading reviews looking for someone to comment on what is important to me. I have researched Sosua by The Sea and Hotel Villa Taina. Please help me stop spinning.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
707 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going Round and Round about which hotel

In sosua u wanna stay at the casa marina reef and beach resort. Its a fice minute walk to all the nitelife. They a buffet restuarnt and 3 alacartes. Also 3 different beaches. I think the resort is the nicest in sosua. Cabarette is nice also for nitelife and the viva wyndam resort is close to town. Nice beach also. I dont think either place has a reef close to shore tho. I hope thos helps u.

Ocracoke, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going Round and Round about which hotel

I love this forum! I really feel like I have knowledgable resources to help me with a decision. Thanks for your time.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Going Round and Round about which hotel

Sosua by the Sea is a geat choice, great location, quiet beachfront property but still walking distance to the nightlife strip and the great public beach, Playa Sosua which is protected by a small reef.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,005 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going Round and Round about which hotel

Villa Taina is well located in the center of Cabarete. The ocean right there and east of Villa Taina is pretty good for swimming, small waves. Villa Taina offers a meal plan. You would be right about one minute walk to Cabarete's nightlife, which for the most part and unlike Sosua, is on the beach.

Silvia

Ocracoke, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going Round and Round about which hotel

Thanks for the input. My oldest son is leaning towards Viva Tangerine because of the all-inclusive. We had a hard time in Jamaica with just a bed and breakfast in terms of organizing a lunch and then finding our way to restaurants for dinner. I will check into the Villa Taina meal plan. Thanks for your time.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,005 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going Round and Round about which hotel

You're welcome! If you are close to the center of town, you will have no shortage of restaurants. I haven't counted them but I'm guessing between 15-20 just in that area, in all price ranges. There are 52 restaurants listed on Tripadvisor, but there are a lot more restaurants in town that are not listed.

In my very personal opinion, it's a shame staying in Cabarete in an AI or pay for a meal plan (maybe just breakfast). Why? Because it is part of the charm of this town, to be able to sit on the beach, with your feet on the sand if you want (indoor seating is available), under palm trees to have lunch, dinner and drinks.

Silvia

Århus Denmark
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Going Round and Round about which hotel

Hi

I would choose Villa Taina.

Very nice hotel and right on the beach and in the mittle of everything.

Nice breakfast too.

Monika

Cabarete, DR
Level Contributor
223 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going Round and Round about which hotel

Villa Taina!

- Yummy Breakfast

- Nice People

Then do a day trip to snorkel in Sosua.

And as Silvia mentioned you are free to enjoy Cabarete's EXCELLENT gastronomy offerings.

9. Re: Going Round and Round about which hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete