We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Blanca or Alegria? HELP :)

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
375 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Blanca or Alegria? HELP :)

Hey all!

I extended my trip to POP and want to stay in Cabarete for one night. I want to give my husband a more "upscale" option (Hotel Magnifco) and a budget option, however, I'm really torn between Casa Blanca and Alegria for the budget option.

Which one would you suggest? The closer to the action the better, however, based on the map on activecabarete I don't see much of a difference between the two locations (is one farther than the other?). Any other factors that would make one better than the other (I see Casa Blanca has a pool but Alegria has a jacuzzi)? I checked the reviews and those seem to be pretty much equal as well.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mentioned in this post
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Hotel Alegria
Hotel Alegria
202 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Hooked Cabarete
Hooked Cabarete
#1 of 19 hotels in Cabarete
Velero Beach Resort
Velero Beach Resort
#3 of 19 hotels in Cabarete
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Blanca or Alegria? HELP :)

Alegria is a very nice clean well run hotel very close to the beach and a 2 min walk along the beach to the Action...

BObK

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Alegria
Hotel Alegria
202 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Blanca or Alegria? HELP :)

The biggest plus with The Alegria is how friendly it is. Not suggesting Casa Blanca isn't friendly because I've never been there, so I don't know, I'm just confirming that Alegria is VERY friendly. If you have a problem, not just with the accommodation itself but with your trip in general, they will go over and above to ensure that it is sorted. For example, my computer cable died while I was there, Sylvia found one for me to borrow while I was there. I have property in Cabarete but if I can't stay there (because it is often rented out on a long term let), then the Hotel Alegria is where I always stay.

Alegria has its own beach access and is a couple of minutes walk along the beach as Bob says, so you won't go wrong by booking there.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Alegria
Hotel Alegria
202 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
3. Re: Casa Blanca or Alegria? HELP :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete