We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabarete visit- Coconut Palms Resort

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
cabarete visit- Coconut Palms Resort

I am trying to decide if the Dominican Republic would be a good place for someone in their 60s to visit. It seems to be a younger crowd pleaser. Our timeshare exchange would be through RCI using the Coconut Palms Resort. Has anyone ever stayed there? Can we walk to anything? I don't even know which airport is closest for us to use. Please help with suggestions. Thanks.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,066 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cabarete visit- Coconut Palms Resort

Coconut Palms resort Cabarete has 103 reviews here on TA.

As to Cabarete and 60 y/o, it is perfect. Everything you need for a nice vacation.

Only 20 minutes to POP airport you will enjoy the beach the many restaurants and the lovely weather.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,434 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cabarete visit- Coconut Palms Resort

Do know however that you will need a cab to get back and forth to town as you are about a 5 mn ride outside of town.

BObK

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cabarete visit- Coconut Palms Resort

Thanks. Is there any restaurant or activity within walking distance?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,370 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cabarete visit- Coconut Palms Resort

Coconut Palms runs a bus service to Cabarete beach in the morning with return in the afternoon but they don't run it every day. I think it is 3-4 times a week.

Aside from their own restaurant, Chez Arsenio is in the area (Hideaway Beach). Nothing else that I can remember with walking distance.

Silvia

Edited: 8:14 pm, January 12, 2012
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,434 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cabarete visit- Coconut Palms Resort

Chez Arsenio is a pretty long walk and I would not do it at night. Food here is very good and great location on the beach.

BObK

6. Re: cabarete visit- Coconut Palms Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, February 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete