We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do outside the AI near Cabarete

Which Cabarete hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver bc
13 posts
Save Topic
things to do outside the AI near Cabarete

Looking for names of good companys that sell trips on the beach I hear it is much cheaper than booking through the hotel. Anything else I should see or do would be helpful, this is my first time going anywhere! Thanx Myles

Montreal
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do outside the AI near Cabarete

When are you going???

Cabarete, DR
Level Contributor
223 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do outside the AI near Cabarete

Hi there!

One good suggestion is to tour the national park just behind Cabarete, in the local Dominican Village (Callejon de la Loma). Its a 2 hour tour, you learn so much about the natural and cultural history of the island.

The cost is 15 USD per person. Basically you just show up at the entrance anytime and they take you to where to tour is (its a loop tour) and you start from there, very easy and no booking necessary.

Bring a bathing suit, you can swim inside a cave in a fresh water pool, also a camera for sure.

Another good activity is kiteboarding. At the Viva Tangerine there is a free kiteboarding introduction given everyday at 11am. Just go to the watersport center at the resort and they will help you.

In Cabarete on the road there are many tour companies that sell other excursions. Plenty to do, you will be very happy!

If you have more questions you can email me:

laurel_eastman@yahoo.com

Aloha!

vancouver bc
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do outside the AI near Cabarete

i am going march 2 to march 9 and I will actually be staying at the Tangarine thanx for the info. I am also wondering about companys to go whale watching with and intersted in the water fall tour with the natural water slides.

vancouver bc
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do outside the AI near Cabarete

Oh and also horse back riding. the thing is my women is a accomplished equestrian rider and I suck. I would like to ride on the beach like you see in the movies, do the tours ride throught the hills or on the beach? how much? any help would be.........helpful!. Thanx

Raymore, Sask...
Level Contributor
599 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do outside the AI near Cabarete

NEVER buy a tour from a guy on the beach. I have talk to a lot of people waiting in the lobby waiting for the tour people to pick them up and never showed. Tours at the resorts are more money for sure. There are several small tour companies in town and offer the same tours at a discount rate. With these guys, if you have a proplem you know where to find them. Try Mels Tours we have used them for years.

http://www.sosuadomrep.com/Mel_Tour.htm

Have fun.

vancouver bc
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do outside the AI near Cabarete

Thanx that helps big time

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: things to do outside the AI near Cabarete

Check out

Debbiesdominicantravel.com for lots of good info on the area and things to do etc..It helped me out alot just like this forum did before I left.

Brass