We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

New York City
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing

Thinking of coming down in the fall and I love fishing. What are the best deals on sea fishing excursions? 2nd, since they do indeed fish from shore, where exactly does this take place? Lastly, is there any fishing at that lagoon or other inland places on the island? Thanks.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,098 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing

Sorry your question got no replies yet. I know that fishing can be done from shore because one of our employees goes fishing at times somewhere close to our place. I'm currently abroad but I'll find out for your when I return to Cabarete in a few weeks.

In the meantime, you may want to type "fishing" in the forum search box. There are a few older threads with some information.

Silvia

New York City
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing

Hi Sylvia. Thanks for the reply. I did just that, typed "fishing" in the search box. Saw some things but was just trying to get a little more info. So thanks again!

Anyone else? :)

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing

I have read that there are a few different fishing excursions from cabarete. I don't know all the details but his name is "Freddie" and he works out of Cabarete Coffee Company. On west side of Cabarete. Hope this helps. Happy Fishing!!

New York City
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing

Tallchief!! What's good, fam?! So you're coming to DR, eh? That's what's up! I'm not the fishin' type, but I found this outfit that offers deep-sea fishing; they may be worth a once-over as an additional option for ya!

www.iguanamama.com/index.php…

Good luck!

5. Re: Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 07, 2012