We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
401 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

We can hardly wait, especially with all the snow we have here. The beach is looking very good about now.

Our flight leaves at 6am on Friday Jan 27, so we should see you at the airport in Ottawa.

Cheers,

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

Happy Hour or Moxroxy... how was your trip?

Brss

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

Hey Happy Hour...

Are you guys back yet?

We were just wondering how you are?

Hope you had a great time.

If you booked with GoTravel you are probably a little bagged from the Red-Eye home..(I know we were)..but I bet you had a great vacation...am I right?

Hey...Brass....do you think they decided to stay another week?

CC

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

I'm thinking they are still flying high from their great trip and forgot all about us..... At least I hope that's the reason!

Brass

West Babylon, NY
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

I hope that's the case Brass. I can't wait to hear what they have to say. Just a couple more days for you!!! I hope you have a great time.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

Hey Brass....hope you don't leave us all hangin when you get back.

Gosh..when I got back..I couldn't wait to tell you all about it!

Hopefully we will hear from them soon!

Buenas Nochas amigos!

Time to go sleepy sleepy!

CC

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

If I had my way... I'd join the forum while I was in Cabarate, but my husband would have a fit! Maybe I can sneak away and give you the hightltes. Otherwise you'll have to wait until the 18th!! Oh I can't imagine being back ... I have not even goine yet!!!

Brass

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
401 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

Didn't mean to leave anyone hangin'. I know what it was like when before I left, waiting to hear about the resort.

I just got back to work today so I am going to write a detailed review soon. For now I'm just sending quick responses.

Thanks to everyone for all the info before we left. I agree that you need to see for yourself but it does help to get the input.

In my opinion, Azzurro is a 3 star property. The people are fantastic but it is a pretty basic hotel. One of our complaints were that there were no enclosed places to hang out. It was cloudy and windy when we arrived, we could not find a place to sit away from it.

We still had a great time but would not return to the Azzurro. It was lacking in many things in comparison to the other places I have been to.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

Hey Happy hour...

Please let me know what it was lacking in - in comparison to other places you've been. I know everyone's opinions are different, but it will help get me situated in my mind before I go! Thanks and glad you had a good time overall... Read the last review left under the Azzurro and give us your opinion on that too.

I am feeling a little anxious... I don't know if it's excitement about leaving or anxiety about the resort..?!?

Brass

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
401 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

Brass,

I don’t think my review (‘Azzurro is a 3 star property”) is posted yet. In my opinion, Azzurro lacks in quality. I have always stayed in 4 star minimum so that is what I am comparing it with.

The room quality – they were very basic rooms that seem warned out (sheets, pillow, ..), the bathroom faucets, tiles all seemed older. Very dim lighting made it dull.

The restaurant quality – the types of foods (mainly pasta) and limited selection. The late night snacks were hotdogs and nachos. And the whole open concept with sand on all the chairs.

The entertainment quality – the shows were basic and there weren’t any activities around the pool. Not a very lively place.

There was a limited number of pool/beach chairs and most were pretty warned out. We ended up paying 100 pesos for better lounge chairs from the hotel beside us.

This place should have at least one closed bar/restaurant area. Since it is located right on a windy beach the sand does go everywhere.

Either way, you’ll have a good time. There is the sun, beach, and all the drinks you want so don’t worry.

HH

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: moxroxy see you at the airport in Ottawa

Ok Thanks.

I understnad the "quality" part. That I can live with. Broader choices of food would be nice, but hey... I don't have to cook for a week! I'm dissappointed about the shows and daily activities tho. That's what helps keep things interesting when a little boredom sets in. We are going with an open mind and look forward to being in the warm climate. I'll keep looking for your review!

Thanks,

Brass

Get answers to your questions about Cabarete