We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

nj
1 post
Save Topic
Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

Can anyone tell me if Velero Beach Resort is walking distance to Viva Wundham Tangerine?

Thanks

Halifax
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

Velro is at one end of the beach and viva is at the other. Yes you can walk im not sure how long it will take. Im guessin 10-15mins.

Cabarete, DR
Level Contributor
223 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

I would say it takes a bit longer, like 20 minutes from Velero on the Eastern tip of Cabarete Bay to the Viva. The walk is gorgeous though.....if you like walking on the beach you will love it.

US
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

Is Velero hotel close to the kitesurfing beach? Is there one launch area or are people allowed to safely launch pretty much anywhere along the Cabarete Bay?

Just trying to decide where to stay and would not want to lug our gear if it's more than 5-10 minutes (it gets heavy pretty quickly!)....

Thanks.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

Cabarete Bay is for windsurfing. Bozo Beach and Kite Beach are for kiteboarding. Playa Encuentro is for board surfing.

Velero is on the Eastern side of Cabarete Bay about a 20 minute walk from kiteboarding beaches. Viva Tangerine is right at the kiting sites.

Gregg

US
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

Greg,

Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know where I can find a map showing major hotels location relative to Cabarete and the kitebeach. It's much easier to figure this out with a map. Maybe some of the travel sites have one...

Thanks again!

Toronto
Level Contributor
587 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

Check out maps here:

www.activecabarete.com/info/maps-cabarete.php

Like Gregg said, it's pretty much all there. Have fun!

RR

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

On the website www.activecabarete.com there are a ton of maps showing the location of every conceivable thing you could ever want in Cabarete.

You can also visit Laurel Eastman's website (posts here as LEKCabarete) at www.laureleastman.com

Caracol Hotel is right in the heart of kiteboarding territory and might be a great choice. It can be booked through Laurel's site at www.laureleastman.com/hotelCaracol.php and the hotel has a website at www.hotelcaracol.com

Another possibility is the Extreme Hotel (isn't that a super name) at www.extremehotels.com They also have about nine live webcams so you can check out the conditions at and around the hotel.

Have a great trip.

Gregg

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

Sorri Richie, I was composing and gathering info when you posted and didn't see yours.

Gregg

Toronto
Level Contributor
587 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

No worries Gregg.

For the record shasha, I stayed at Viva WYndham Tangerine and loved it. I've never eaten so good nor enjoyed the shows they put on as much as anywhere else. Also, lots of kitesurfers from around the world were staying at Viva.

US
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Location of Hotels in Cabarete?

Thanks a lot! That's exactly what I was looking for. Will be staying at Viva and looking forward to my trip!!!