We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabarete over labor day weekend

Which Cabarete hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
4 posts
Save Topic
cabarete over labor day weekend

Anyone planning on traveling to cabarete between 8/28/07 - 9/4/07? I'm travelling alone and wondering if others will be travelling solo or if I will end up being a third wheel.

Toronto
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cabarete over labor day weekend

You will not feel alone at all. There are tons of solo travelers and it is easy to make friends there.

Try one of the tours or a sports activity during the day, as people are most approachable then. If you don`t practice any sports, drop by one of the kite schools and watch... my fav is the Kite Louge :)

Cabarete, DR
Level Contributor
223 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cabarete over labor day weekend

I agree with the last post totally....

It's amazing how many single people come down to Cabarete, to enjoy the kiteboarding for sure, but also to meet other like-minded folks - not to mention the many international kiteboarding instructors who move here for a season to teach kiting and have some fun themselves!

Also I notice that the couples who choose Cabarete for their vacation spot are incredibly open, friendly, and interested in meeting new people.

One recommendation I have is to see if you can hook up with a dinner excursion to the Blue Moon Indian Retreat.....most of the kite/windsurf schools organize them on a regular basis - if you do this early in your stay there is a huge chance that you will meet great people and have a good bonding experience which has, in my experience, led to many long lasting friendships!

Other than that, if you are outgoing - it's pretty easy to just start conversations with people at one of the local beach bars...

Enjoy your trip!

Laurel Eastman

maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cabarete over labor day weekend

thanks for the scoop guys. I have no doubt that this will be a great trip. In fact, I have a feeling that it's going to be hard to travel with a companion in the future after this trip. Just being able to go at my own pace and not worry about what someone else wants to do will be very liberating (perhaps that's why I'm not married yet...).

Thanks again for the scoop and the recommendation for the dinner trip!

--Dusty

4. Re: cabarete over labor day weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 06, 2009