We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabarete Resorts

Which Cabarete hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Cabarete Resorts

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Windsurf Resort...

If so, could you tell me your experience there, what was in the area, and how the beaches were?

Thanx!

Manitoba
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabarete Resorts

I've stayed at the Windsurf Resort 3 times, my parents have a time share. They've recently redone the pool area, and it looks fabulous. I was there about a month ago, and the whole place looks great. Don't expect a lot of action/partying on the grounds, because it's a pretty quiet place. The first time I was there (about 10 years ago), it was a happening place, but times have changed since they've sold most of their units.

Accommodations: The rooms are very nice and clean. You get a full kitchen which includes a full sized fridge, stove/oven, microwave, toaster, utensils, dishes, pots/pans. You're pretty much set in this department. The air condionning works, the tv works, there's hot water in the showers. The balconies are spacious and perfect for evening drinks.

Pool: Like I said, they've just redone the pool area, so it's looking great. There are tables and loungers around the pool, but don't expect to see umbrellas.

Bar: The bar has also been redone, and looks great. Service is a little slow, so I suggest you double fist it. There uses to be a huge BBQ area 3 years ago, but I don't think it's still available (I stayed somewhere else this last time to the DR). I would look into this before you go. When we did stay there 3 years ago, this BBQ was awesome. We brought down some of our own meats and hit the grill in the evening.

Beach: Across the street. It's the most beautiful beach I've ever been to, hence going 4 times. It's lined with restaurants and bars, but they're far enough from the water so that you don't feel like you're in a town literally on the beach. At night the restaurants put chairs out on the sand for diners, it's absolutely amazing.

Cabarete: It's a tourist town that is hopping, when I say hopping I mean there are cars and people everywhere. The locals are super friendly and a riot.

If you want more info give me your email address and I'll help you out as much as possible. As you can tell I love this place, and I want everyone who goes there to feel the same, and I'm sure you would.

2. Re: Cabarete Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 29, 2009