We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chetumal to Flores

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
186 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Chetumal to Flores

Can anyone give me the latest info on bus times from Chetumal to Flores. I think there are through buses but I have checked the websites and can't find what I'm looking for. I know the bus leaves early and goes via Belize City. Hoping to stay on the same bus right through. How to we get tickets?

Thanks!

Quetzaltenango...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Chetumal to Flores

Hey there,

that was a year ago now, but did you figure it out? I am hoping to do the same thing!

thanks,

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
186 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chetumal to Flores

Yes, we did the Chetumal-Flores trip. I've forgotten the exact details but it all worked out. The bus leaves early so stay the night in Chetumal first (we stayed at the Hotel Real Azteca). Get the Flores bus ticket at the bus station the day before. There's a counter which is separate to the other Mexico bus tickets. I think the bus left at 7.30 but it could have been later. It was a very old and small minibus with no air-con so not a very comfortable ride. It took AGES to get to Flores (about 10 hours) and you go through the Mexico-Belize border first (and have to pay and exit fee), then goes to Belize City where it drops off and picks up from the ferry terminal. Then across Belize to the Guatemala border (pay exit and entry fees - check these out elsewhere). Lots of hanging around. There are money changers here and they don't rip you off so we got enough Guatemalan to pay the entry fee, buy a beer and tide us over to the cash point. Bus goes all the way into Flores and it's easy to find accommodation (we stayed at Hotel Casona de la Isla for a treat - lovely pool!).

We loved Flores and Tikal and could have stayed longer than 3 days. Then we got the bus back to Belize City for the ferry to Caye Caulker. The bus arrived 5 minutes before the ferry left so we had to RUN for tickets and boat! The bus from Flores was the same one we had been on before and there was still rubbish in it left from at least 2 journeys before us!

BC
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chetumal to Flores

There is no entry fee to Guatemala. However, sometimes they will try to charge you a small fee (less than $2) which is not official. Just so you know. Belize, however, is another matter, with their outrageous fees.

4. Re: Chetumal to Flores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, March 16, 2015