We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secure Parking in Chetumal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Chetumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Secure Parking in Chetumal

Does anyone know if there is a SECURE PARKING STRUCTURE in Chetumal where we can leave our rented vehicle for 1 or 2 days since we plan to visit San Pedro, Belize before driving back to Cancun.

Does anyone also know HOW early and late the BORDER crossing hours are?

Are there any other boats that leave every hour or so to San Pedro? I already checked Thunderbolt but they only leave at 7:00am and 3:00pm from Corozal.

Thanks for your help!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secure Parking in Chetumal

Does anyone know if there is a SECURE PARKING STRUCTURE at the Chetumal BORDER where we can leave our rented vehicle for 1 or 2 days ?? We plan to visit San Pedro, Belize before driving back to Cancun.

PLEASE HELP? I've done research and called the Visitor's Information Center and a few hotels - no one seems to know if there is a secure parking lot at the border crossing at Subteniente Lopez-Santa Elena.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has this information.

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secure Parking in Chetumal

Just got back from there- we took the San Pedro Water Jets to SP from Chetumal for 4 nights (don't take the pink/green company's boat- not as comfortable and more importantly, they stole my ipod out of my bag on another trip on the Belize City/San Pedro run, and I've heard others say the same).

Parking in Chetumal though- there is a parking lot one block from the ferry dock- just behind the justice center. 25 pesos a day, secure parking. No problems.

Holiday Inn will also let you use their lot for US $10 a day- and it's way across town.

Edited: 11:59 pm, July 23, 2011
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,180 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secure Parking in Chetumal

Good advice above. As far as " if there is a secure parking lot at the border crossing at Subteniente Lopez-Santa Elena." , I have never seen anything that looks secure in that area. But maybe someone knows.

4. Re: Secure Parking in Chetumal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 24, 2012