We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent Place to Stay

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Excellent Place to Stay

We just came back from a quick trip to Belize and Chetumal. There's a new hotel in Chetumal called Noor Hotel, which isn't listed in the hotel listings. Skip the Holiday Inn (where we spent the first night with a broken shower and a dripping air conditioner) and go straight to the Noor. Very sexy hotel in what I would call a California modern style right on the bay and a better rate No elevator and no decent breakfast but if you like style, fantastically soft and comfortable sheets, a big spacious rain-style shower, a balcony facing Chetumal Bay, WiFi, and a nice pool, then stay here. (Don't forget your mosquito repellent.)

And I highly highly highly recommend a day trip or even a night in Mahahual. Gorgeous warm ocean water, soft white sand, and amazing conch ceviche. Check out Cat's Meow for their pina coladas and cheesecakes.

And wherever you go, don't forget to pack half as many clothes and twice as much money as you think you'll need.

Montana
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellent Place to Stay

Thanks for your info on Hotel Noor in Chetumal. We will probably stay there in Feb 08. My other question for you is did you rent a car and drive that rental car into Belize? This is what I want to do but need more info about it. Thanks.

2. Re: Excellent Place to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 07, 2009