We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun things to do in Pachuca?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Virginia, U.S.A
2 posts
Save Topic
Fun things to do in Pachuca?

What is some fun things to do in Pachuca? I went with my husband in April of 2004, and we are planning to go again in October of 2005 with our three kids. Is there anything fun that we should do?

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
4 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun things to do in Pachuca?

Hello, I live in Pachuca and there is plenty to do here.

1. Visit the Monumental Clock Tower (reloj monumental), it is the star of the city and at 6 o´clock the bells play the mexinan national anthem. It is at the very old part of Pachuca.

2. Visit ANY popular market. Its kind of a chineese grosery market but more colorful. I recomend the "Juarez market", it is about three blocks away from the Monumental clock.

3. If you have a strong stomach, eat at the upper section of the "Juarez Market" (mercado juarez), youll find BARBACOA*, QUESADILLAS**, ENCHILADAS***, CONSOME****and lots of delicious servings.

* Its sheep meat, very tender, and not spicy or hot.

**Tortillas with almost anything in it, like cheese, mushrooms, cow brains (yes! cow brains), chiken blood (try it)...

*** Tortillas with cheese in spicy gravy

**** Its like meat juice, very tasty and little hot. Put at least the juice of two lemmons so the flavor gets better.

4. Try a "Paste". There are lots of stores that sell this kind of food. I recomend the Paste de Papa (potato paste), the Salchicha Paste and of course the red or green MOLE paste.

5. About 25 miles away from Pachuca is Real del Monte, there you can get some really nice silver jewlery and cheap too.

6. Please! go to the "Casa de las Artesanias" (Arts and Crafts House) it is south from PACHUCA, next to the Independece fountain and besides a medium childs park.

7. Visit the Church of San Francisco. It is about 4 blocks south from the monumental clock. It is the oldest church in Pachuca made by the Franciscanos and try to go when a wedding is taking place. You can enter without invitation. Youll love the ceremony.

8. At Real del Monte, there are trips to the mones, if you are not affraid of dark, close, deep, hot places youll enjoy it.

9. If for any chance, you get to Pachuca and there is futball season, PLEASE! get a ticket and live the experience of one soccer game. Pachuca team is the oldest in all north, south an center AMERICA.

10. Visit the monumental flag where you can have a panoramic view of the city. Visible from all parts from the city

11. Visit the Christ. Visible from all parts from the city

12. On Sundays, you can make a walk starting by the Primero de Mayo Market (May the 1st marcket), passing through the Monumental clock, taking Doria Street and then Guerrero to end at the State Hall (goverment house) not the gobernors but the administration building.

13. Nearby the monumental clock, there are guided tours, just hop in the kind of Barbary Coast Trail (SF, CA) but with no rails and smaller.

So there is plenty to do. Hope i had readed your queston a lot sooner, hope on your next visit to Pachuca, this input may be useful.

If coming to Mexico, do not hesitate to ask anything, I know most of my country and will be happy to help you.

Sincerely

Arch. Renan Tlacaelel Mejia Soto

r_tlacaelel@yahoo.com

2. Re: Fun things to do in Pachuca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pachuca