We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Cluj Napoca or Sibiu

Westport, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Stay in Cluj Napoca or Sibiu

Hi

We are a couple and would like to visit Romania we can fly into either Cluj or Sibiu but cannot make up our minds which to choose. We enjoy walking while on holiday and could you recommend which place would be best for this. Both places look beautiful. We are going for 10 days. We will not have a car.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Cluj Napoca or Sibiu

In Sibiu (the old town and the surroundings are more interesting than in Cluj).

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Cluj Napoca or Sibiu

Cluj is a larger town, with more places to see. It has better restaurants and pubs. Sibiu has a nicer downtown.

Breb, Romania
Level Contributor
562 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in Cluj Napoca or Sibiu

Just choose the one with the best flights (time and money wise). You have 10 days so enough time to spend your holiday a few days in each place.

Drunen, The...
Level Contributor
290 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in Cluj Napoca or Sibiu

I'd prefer Sibiu as it is smaller with a nice Old Town and also more centrally located.

Margaret River
Level Contributor
5 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay in Cluj Napoca or Sibiu

Sibiu- the old town is lovely and pick a hotel there if you can- rather than on the outskirts. Plenty of good restaurants around the square and the country around is worth exploring.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay in Cluj Napoca or Sibiu

Hello, my husband and I just came back from a 2 1/2 weeks trip to Romania (Maramures and Transylvania). I'd pick the airport that's cheapest to get to - we had a car, but I suppose you could get a train between the two cities. We stayed 3 nights in Sibiu and 1 night in Cluj (3 in Brasov, 2 in Sighisoara) and frankly speaking, it was more than enough. I am not sure I'd go for 10 full days - it depends, of course, on your travel style, but after 1-2 cities and 1-2 churches, there's not much that is new. Sibiu is very small and in hindsight I would have been perfectly happy with just a day. Cluj, where we only spent 1 night and 2 days is slightly more interesting. It's less pretty at first sight (they really invested in making the main squares in Sibiu and Brasov look nice), but more interesting/rough. There's tons of cafes popping up everywhere and it has more a Berlin kind of feel to it. Let me know if you have any more questions - happy to help :)

7. Re: Stay in Cluj Napoca or Sibiu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 15, 2015