We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable priced restaurant with a view!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,615 posts
1,674 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable priced restaurant with a view!

Im looking for some ideas for a reasonable restaurant in Tagaytay. A restaurant serving local food, with a view of the lake and nice ambiance preferred.

Kegs suggestion of Josephines restaurant in an earlier thread seems to fit the bill. Their menu looks good and reasonably priced. I noticed on a blog that they were voted No 1 for Filipino Food in the area.

Some of the fine dining restaurants in the area are very expensive even by western standards.

Look forward to any other suggestions.

Tommo

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable priced restaurant with a view!

Hi Tommo...I agree with keg about Josephine's. Other popular Filipino restaurants you might want to try after with a good view are Gerry's Grill and Leslie's. While there, you might want to check out Cliffside Tagaytay as well. No Filipino restaurants there though but a good Italian Restaurant (Buon Giorno) and a Steak House (Fire Lake Grille) with a good view of the lake. The latter's quite pricey though.

Edited: 6:26 am, September 27, 2011
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,537 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable priced restaurant with a view!

The suggestions of bryanpark are all right on the money. I will just add Viewpoint for their fried tawilis and kare-kare. Here's the link --> http://viewpointinnandrestaurant.com/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,615 posts
1,674 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable priced restaurant with a view!

Thanks for the ideas. Not only does it help me but may help others as well.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,537 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable priced restaurant with a view!

You're welcome Tommo!

Manila
Level Contributor
642 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable priced restaurant with a view!

Been to tagaytay countless times... never tried viewpoint resto.

Most of the time, i suggest Leslie's because they got the best view! They also has the best bulalo (knukle soup). But when I got a VIP with me for a tour, Josephine is where i go for their lunch!

Avoid Taalena resto... been there and don't like it.

I am curious about the greek resto in tagaytay... will try that someday.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,537 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable priced restaurant with a view!

If ever you choose Josephine's (specially on weekends) it's a must that you reserve a table and ask for the table near the window or those outside the main dining area. Don't go with their buffet as there's no view to speak of unless you want to stare a wall.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable priced restaurant with a view!

Dencio's has a spanning view.

8. Re: Reasonable priced restaurant with a view!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 24, 2012