We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taal Lake: One of the Most Beautiful in the World

Which Tagaytay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,765 posts
248 reviews
Save Topic
Taal Lake: One of the Most Beautiful in the World

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-40253002

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
262 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taal Lake: One of the Most Beautiful in the World

yeah i saw that last night, i was lucky enough to see it in dec 2010, kinda hazy though.

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taal Lake: One of the Most Beautiful in the World

I visit Lemery 3 or 4 times a year when I have visitors from abroad and I never tire of the journey along Tagaytay ridge and the wonderful view of Taal.

I have travelled to many places but for me, nothing else can compare.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
1,971 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taal Lake: One of the Most Beautiful in the World

I like Taal Lake however it has some problems including illegal fish pens. Many bangus and tilapia recently died due to lack of oxygen in the water: overstocking is a hindrance to say the least. As one person said in a newspaper article: it is 'greed.'

Some of the latter were allegedly closed down if one can believe the print media. One wonders how many others are 15 metres deep instead of the recommended six metres.

Batam
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taal Lake: One of the Most Beautiful in the World

I miss Taal Vista Lodge and the chilling breeze of Tagaytay back in the 80s. I hope proper zoning will be followed in Tagaytay. Otherwise, it would end up like an ordinary commercial place. Lets campaign to preserve the natural beauty of Tagaytay ridge and Taal Lake.

Manila
Level Contributor
623 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taal Lake: One of the Most Beautiful in the World

I was there for the whole month of October... Love the weather. Fresh air. No traffic on weekdays. Seems like a nice place to retire. Away from manila but not too far away.

6. Re: Taal Lake: One of the Most Beautiful in the World

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 02, 2012