We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

Just back from Bagan (Oct 2013) and would like to report on the electric bicycles that are now available all over the Bagan area. These are a wonderful way to get around the area and the temples. They cost US$8 per day, are absolutely quiet, easy to ride and have a good range. They need to be returned each night for recharging. I rode all over the area every day and never had a problem with running out of charge. Highly recommended.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

That's cool! Thanks for the information, Cynthia! :-)

California
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

Where in Bagan do you rent the electric bikes?

Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

E bikes are available all over the Bagan area - New Bagan and Nyaung U. You fon't have to look far and the price seems to be the same everywhere.

Cannes, France
Level Contributor
401 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

what time can you pick them up and what time do you have to return them?

thanks

Beijing
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

We were also in Bagan using these bikes - great fun!

The bikes can be delivered to your hotel if you want - we were staying at Amazing Bagan just outside of Nyaung U, and we walked back to the resort at the end of the day.

I think some of the resorts are starting to rent them out themselves. Amazing Bagan had a line up of them the day we left.

Otherwise the town shops seemed happy to rent them out from about 7 till dark (about 6:30).

noosaville qld
Level Contributor
36 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

We just asked at the hotel reception (Bagan Thande Hotel). They are great fun as there are not too many cars about, even in town. Even our 15 year old had no trouble. Highly recommended.

Cannes, France
Level Contributor
401 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

great, thanks

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

Would you know if you can get a guide to accompany on an electric bike excursion? Or will they only do it with car??

uk rural
Level Contributor
119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

One thing springs to mind here ! Is a padlock and chain, or any other locking device provided with the bike ?

I would hate to have mine stolen in the middle of nowhere if for any reason I had to leave it unattended.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,740 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting around Bagan - Electric Bikes

I must admit have never heard of an electric bike,or anything else,being stolen in Bagan,

A local in his longhi, with his swag bag over his shoulder,would stick out like a sore thumb .

SS