We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

We just arrived at the amazing bagan resort and found out its at middle of nowhere so we cant really find a way to arrange a horse carriage. We asked the hotel they said they can arrange it for us at 18000kyats for 8hours. But from what I read it can be cheaper. So is anyone here know how to arrange it from this hotel and how to.move around from here please??? Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

Hi there,

18000 kyats isn't a bad price for a full day - we paid 12000 for 4 hours 2 weeks ago so I would just ask the hotel to organise it for you. Otherwise, you'll have to walk to a road where there are drivers to negotiate with - which sounds like it's a fair walk for you.... We saw many horse carts along many of the roads so it's surprising there aren't any near your hotel...

- K

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
829 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

You already have very good price. Proceed with that !

If you prefer to deal this service by your own, contact Victoria horse cart ride company then

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

That seems like a great price-about 12 GBP or around $20 USD. Not bad for 8 hrs.

veldhoven
Level Contributor
50 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

You can arrange a horse cart on the spot, there are plenty of them. But a little warning> 8 hours in a horse carriage is a hell. We went into one for 2x half a hour, and I was broken. I prefer to rent a bike, you can cycle easily from one temple to the other, and it will save your back.

Horse carts are very, very uncomfortable, so please think twice before taking one.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

I stayed in Amazing Bagan, it is nearby a golf court and there is a private road to reach the hotel so horse carts don't go there.

The price you paid is very reasonable, I went there last month and I paid 25 USD for 10 hours.

6. Re: how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:48 am, November 13, 2013
Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

Bike rental fees is 8000 MMK for full day.

Brooktondale
Level Contributor
154 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

Uh, the OP left Bagan about 2 months ago...

veldhoven
Level Contributor
50 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

Bike rentals are not 8000 a day, I don't know where you rent them from??

We payed 1000 kyats for a full day, and those bikes were pretty much ok.

We rented them for 4 full days at "Everyone Bikes" in Nyaung U, near the hotel we stayed, Thante hotel.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: how to arrange horse carriage in Bagan???help!!!

If the OP stayed in Amazing Bagan, she won't need to rent any bike as it is available for free in the hotel.