We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ananda Pagoda Festival

Which Bagan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Darmstadt, Germany
1 post
Save Topic
Ananda Pagoda Festival

We woud like to travel to Bagan in January 2014. When will be the Ananda Pagoda Festival next year?

N S
Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaung Shwe
Level Contributor
617 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ananda Pagoda Festival

Ananda pagoda festival will start around 2nd or 3rd Jan 2014 and end after Pyar Thoh full moon day(around 16th-17th).Most crowded day will be 13th,14th and 15th.

usa
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ananda Pagoda Festival

For anyone that has been to Bagan during the Ananda pagoda festival, is this a good time to visit or rather a time to avoid?

usa
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ananda Pagoda Festival

A little more clarification on my question - I'm looking to get a sense of how busy Bagan will be during the festival. I'm sure there are very interesting things to see as part of the festival, but how crowded will it be? Is it impossible to get lodging, and still find some peace there? Does it make transportation into/out of the area challenging? Thank you for any insight!

N S
Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaung Shwe
Level Contributor
617 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ananda Pagoda Festival

You should avoid crazy,stupid and reckless motorbikes around those days,especially at night.Crowded area will be around Ananda pagoda,other places fine to visit.

5. Re: Ananda Pagoda Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 01, 2014