We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myanmar in April

Which Bagan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shanghai, China
4 posts
Save Topic
Myanmar in April

Hello,

anybody have been in Myanmar in April?

I'm pretty worried about the temperature, I read can reach 40C.

And what about the rainy season in the end of Apr, beginning of May?

Moreover, anybody knows if all the location can be visited?

From Mandalay to Ngapali Beach?

Thank you!!

Fede

N S
Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaung Shwe
Level Contributor
617 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myanmar in April

In central parts of Myanmar,it's will be 40-42.The places like Mandalay,Bagan and Monywa etc.

Not rain too much but hottest time I think,in end of April and beginning of May.

You still can visit Mandalay to Ngapali in end of May by flight.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,861 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myanmar in April

The flight from Mandalay (via Bagan and Heho to Thandwe-stay on aircraft)in April will be only operating 3 times a week so get your Agent to adjust your schedule accordingly. These sectors cease in May as most of the hotels in NB close in early May and flights revert to a couple of days a week to Thandwe and Sittwe from Yangon for the monsoon season-see the NB forums for my recent overview posts.

Shanghai, China
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Myanmar in April

Thank you so much, guys!!

maybe I change my departure in the beginning of April, hoping the weather will be not that hot!

I just see there will be the Water Festival on the 16-17th April...better leave the country before or I still can have a flight and take a taxi in that period?

Just another question: which is the best way to book in advance hotels and flight, so don't need to take to many cash with my: Oway.com or local agency? I see you guys wrote good feedback on the OneStop Travel, is it reliable to book flights and hotels?

Thank you in advance!!

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Myanmar in April

Hi PanFede, We are planning a trip from to Burma starting April 16 for 1 week, PM me if you are interested to share some planning trips. Comments from others welcome !!!

Ygn (1N2D)

YGN to Bagan (2D 2N) via overnite bus,

Bagan to MDL (2D2N) via ferry, bus or fly, I was hoping to squeeze in Lake Inle, but not sure if possible.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,861 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myanmar in April

There have been some negative comments on Oway recently but non at all (other than they are very busy) on One Stop Travel & Tours.

SS

Shanghai, China
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Myanmar in April

Hello Deedee,

I haven't book my flight yet: not sure I can go from 1 to 15th April or from 24th Arp to beginnig of May, but I guess I will be not there in that week...it's a pity!! :-(

Wish a nice journey!!

Fede

Shanghai, China
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Myanmar in April

Thank you SS, I think I will go with the OneStop one!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Myanmar in April

If you go to Myanmar during the Water Festival (Myanmar New Year) almost every office will be closed down for at least a week. However, you should experience this festival which is the biggest one in the country. The main celebrations are in Yangon and Mandalay.

If possible, I suggest that you go there to participate in the festivities for at least a day or two. Be prepared to get soaked, but it's a lot of fun! At least it will cool you down during this hottest season (March, April, May) in Myanmar.

9. Re: Myanmar in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 07, 2014