We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting the crater in August

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting the crater in August

My fiance and I are trying to put together an itinerary for our August, 2013 honeymoon in Tanzania during which we really would like to visit Ngorongoro Crater as it's been a lifelong dream for me. What is worrying me is that we do not know how to put together an itinerary or have the right help to tell us what areas to avoid, so I'd like to ask plainly - is August a good time to visit the conservation area? This is our honeymoon and we don't want to rush this in one day, so is this an area that is best spent with a few days in mind? We want to know what to remove or have as a 'must see' on our list so that we can try to shape our trip better - right now, it's a mess!

I'd appreciate some guidance! Thank you!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Visiting the crater in August

Contacted:

1. Roy Safari

2. East African Safari and Touring Company

3. Swala Safaris

4. Access2 Tanzania

5. Shidolya

6. African Scenic Safaris

7. Bush2Bush

Contacting (as we speak):

8. Hoopoe Adventure Tours

9. Good Earth Tours

10. African Dream Safaris

11. &Beyond

Wish us luck!

22. Re: Visiting the crater in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 11, 2014