We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

Can anyone give me some guidance on dinner attire at the Manor at Ngorongoro please? It seems to be a bit fancier? Help!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

I'v never been anywhere in Tanzania where I couldn't wear whatever I wanted to wear. And that includes some rather fancy parties at the embassies. If you are on a safari I always assume that people know you don't have a sea trunk full of clothing. I would be very surprised if they had a dress code.

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

I've asked the same question a few months ago. We will be there in 7 weeks and can not wait. I had a reply from one lady saying although it looks quite formal it's quite the opposite. Her and her husband just dressed in clean trousers and shirts that they wore on the safari. One evening she wore cropped trousers and a top and her husband wore some chino type trousers and a collared shirt. Not sure how safari shorts would be viewed? Not many on this forum have stayed there so can"t comment. I"m just going to go with the flow and not worry too much about whether my trousers etc look a bit dishevelled!

Enjoy!

nyc
Level Contributor
15,090 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

Shorts? Not recommended for evenings when mossies are biting between dusk to dawn. Long pants/sleeves for those hours, meaning dinner.

No need 'to dress' but I always have a pair of dark pants, a nice shirt/sweater, some funky jewelry/scarf, ballet flats as I prefer to occasionally get out of daytime safari attire.

Your choice, of course!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

perhaps the right t-shirt would be helpful...

…images-amazon.com/images/I/319IhcdtvmL.jpg

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,751 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

I would drape a fancier shawl on my shoulders, don dangling earrings and maybe a spritz of cologne with my tidiest safari duds, but that wouldn't go with IAB's recommended t-shirt...at least, not in Tanzania

Mentioned in this post
nyc
Level Contributor
15,090 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

Really, IAB! That's so dated!

OK, some of us are dated!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

Thanks so much for the help here! Anoif, when will you be staying at the Manor? We're heading there on October 21st!

Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

Will be there 4th Oct for 3 nights, so I'll email you when I get home, give you any more info or tips that we pick up.

Fiona

nyc
Level Contributor
15,090 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

Anoif -

Any reason you're spending 3/nts at the Manor? What's planned for those days?

Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner attire at The Manor at Ngorongoro

Absolutely nothing for 2 of them! Maybe a tour of the plantation on horseback or a cycle , a spa treatment and a few glasses of something. We're only in the crater 1 day, thought that would be sufficient.