We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger Park v/s South Luangwa Zambia v/s Ngorongoro Crater

Which Ngorongoro Conservation Area hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
island-explorer-82
Level Contributor
554 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Kruger Park v/s South Luangwa Zambia v/s Ngorongoro Crater

I have been to Kruger Park preiously and I am thinking of either going there again or going to South Luangwa or the crater.

If anyone has been to the parks mentioned above, how wuld you compare the three..quality of game viewing , facilities, density of animals, easy spotting, experience, etc ??

This time I would like to spend more number of days and watch animal behaviour...I was in Kruger only for our days. Im especially inclined to the walking an canoe safaris offered in Zambia.

Good thing about Kruger since is its easy access from Joburg & its quite affordble.

COmments would be appreciated.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,674 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kruger Park v/s South Luangwa Zambia v/s Ngorongoro Crater

I've replied at more length on the South AFrican forum.

All are worth seeing. All are different. All are special. Most will be more expensive than Kruger can be.

Sth Luangwa has low visitor numbers, and is the home of wlaking safaris - the crater has high numbers ofvisitors and vehicles, but game is guaranteed.

There are many other places to choose from - eg Etosha, Okavango Delta, Chobe, Kafue, Selous, Ruaha, etc, etc.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,532 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kruger Park v/s South Luangwa Zambia v/s Ngorongoro Crater

peterscot was spot on. They're all different so no actual comparison.

Depends when you're traveling (though Ngorongoro being self-contained is much the same year-round for volume of game), can dictate where it's best to visit. And, of course, the budget.

3. Re: Kruger Park v/s South Luangwa Zambia v/s Ngorongoro Crater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 21, 2009