We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Moshi to Nairobi

Which Moshi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus from Moshi to Nairobi

Hi all,

We're looking at getting from Moshi to Nairobi after our kili trek and were tossing between driving or flying. Looks like driving can be pretty cheap and a chance to see a bit of the country side. I've looked at a few forums and websites regarding bus services and there seems to be a bit of debate regarding travel time and what bus services are reliable.

Scandanavia group looked good because you can take a bus with AC and toilets but I saw somewhere the company has been largely downsized and less reliable? Does anyone have any information or recommendations regarding bus services and issues regarding safety? Thanks!

Ryan

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
641 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Moshi to Nairobi

Hi,

No more Scandinavian bus from Moshi to Nairobi. You can try to take Dar express coach OR Sai Baba bus. Also there are shuttle services and the best companies I would recommend are Riverside shuttle and Jamii shuttle.

Karibu Tanzania.

Perth, Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Moshi to Nairobi

Great thanks very much for the feedback. Do you happen to know if the Dar express can be pre-booked online? I've been looking but can't seem to find anything. And just out of interest do you happen to know if the journey time is roughly the same as the shuttles (i.e. roughly 6 hours)? Thanks again.

Ryan

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Moshi to Nairobi

The journey time will be roughly the same. With the larger bus (the shuttles use a short bus) the travel is better and smoother. I always take the larger bus (Dar Express et al) if I can just for the smoother ride. Pre-booking is done in person, with the exception of Riverside which you can book that online. Just go to the bus station a day or two early and book your trip with them.

If you are going to the Nairobi airport make certain in advance that the bus will stop at the airport, all the shuttles stop at the airport before going on to the city center in Nairobi.

Perth, Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Moshi to Nairobi

Great thanks!

5. Re: Bus from Moshi to Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 04, 2015