We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moshi-Zanzibar

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Moshi-Zanzibar

Just looking for updated info on the flight situation too Zanzibar. We have a 6 day hike out of Moshi to the Machame route, then depart from Moshi for our 4 day safari…then fly off to Zanzibar.

Any daily cheap flights direct to Zanzibar?…like under $200 each way? If not, what would be our best option?

Thanks!

Sydenham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moshi-Zanzibar

The cheapest one is fastjert flight just Google them and then check the price with them , they are departing always from Kilimanjaro Air port .

Edited: 1:03 am, December 30, 2013
Arusha
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moshi-Zanzibar

Some tour operators have air ticketing departments - they can sometimes get special prices. You should check them in addition!

Edited: 2:52 am, December 30, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,180 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moshi-Zanzibar

You don't have dates, but know some of the airlines, including FastJet has cancelled flights from Kilimanjaro ( your best bet from Moshi) to Zanzibar during slow seasons. I would check your TO as well.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moshi-Zanzibar

Great...that gives me a good start! We are in Africa on Feb 15th...and fly to Zanzibar on Feb 28th...return March 4th where our international flight departs 9:30pm that same day.

5. Re: Moshi-Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:42 am, March 03, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moshi-Zanzibar

So checked for Feb 27th-March 4th flights, and Coastal has only 1 flight option (I think)…pricy at $260 each way. Precision air was not direct on the return flight, but better at $175US each way. Air Tanzania says it has no flights…can that be right?

Am I missing any other options? My TO is a small company, so don't think they will be much help.

ps…return with precision air lands at JRO at 5pm…is this too tight if my international flight is at 9:30pm?

7. Re: Moshi-Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 05, 2015