We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Areas near Mossel Bay.

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
5,027 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Areas near Mossel Bay.

Thinking of spending 3/4 nights in MB area in Jan 2011. We are British but live in Ethiopia. Have been to SA 4 times. To Garden Route once but only did PE to George and back.

Will be in CT Jan17-21, then fly out from George 25th. Will be in hire car driving in from CT. My wife my and my sister all 60 plus and not into super active holiday.

Comments please on places like Glentana, Dana Bay and others near MB as places to relax, and bases to take my sister to see Knysna etc. Dont especially want to stay in K as did so in 2007. Would be in S/c accomodation - so gain if anyone knows good s/c for 3 people...

Mentioned in this post
Glentana
Glentana
Western Cape, South Africa
Dana Bay
Dana Bay
Mossel Bay, South Africa
Knysna
Knysna
4 replies to this topic
Table View, South...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Areas near Mossel Bay.

Look at places like Victoria Bay and Wilderness. They are much nicer than Mossel Bay and are a lot closer to Knysna. If you want to go toward Mossel Bay then rather look at Groot Brakrivier or Herolds Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Wilderness
Wilderness
Knysna
Knysna
Groot Brakrivier
Groot Brakrivier
Mossel Bay, South Africa
Herolds Bay
Herolds Bay
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Areas near Mossel Bay.

I have to agree, rather make your stay at Heroldsbay, Glentana or even better yet the Wilderness. Closer to Knysna and much more things to do. Mosselbay is a very nice place to stay at, but to do things is quite outside of town. If you are into hiking, George will give you that with some good scenery. Enjoy your stay.

Hank - Ulungele Tours and Safari's.

Mentioned in this post
Glentana
Glentana
Wilderness
Wilderness
Knysna
Knysna
Vienna, VA
Level Contributor
19 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Areas near Mossel Bay.

Pacing for 5 days on Garden Route and Wine Country? After 4 days in Cape Town (inc. 1 day to Cape of Good Hope, etc.) we have 5 nights to do the Garden Route , wine country, and return to the CT airport on Day 6 with a mid-morning flight to Jo'burg. We are active 60s, self-driving and need help with the choice of overnight stops along the way. We are thinking of staying around the southernmost point on night #1, then, Kynsna for night #2, Swellendam for night #3, and Stellenbosch for nights 4&5, assuming that puts us within striking distance of the airport the next morning. Is Kynsna too far for the time we have? Given road conditions and points of interest, are we stopping in the right places? All advice including accommodation suggestion in the ZAR 750-1000 per couple/per night range is most welcome.

This week is an independent pre-trip prior to joining a tour for Victoria Falls and Namibia for the next 22 days.

Nice2Go

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch
Namibia
Namibia
Africa
George, South Africa
Level Contributor
119 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Areas near Mossel Bay.

I would suggest Glentana, Wilderness or Heroldsbay. All not further than 35mins drive. (Victoria bay also nice)

Personally I am not keen on Mosselbay or Great Brakriver or Danabay but like the areas around it.

Mentioned in this post
Glentana
Glentana
Wilderness
Wilderness
Reply to: Areas near Mossel Bay.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted