We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message for Masie:

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Message for Masie:

Hello Masie,

I have been reading your posts on your wedding in the Seychelles. It sounds perfect and almost identical to the kind of 'do' we would opt for.

Would you mind answering a few questions I have please?

1) Who did you book with? Was it Kuoni direct? And how soon before you married did you book?

2) Did Bird Island have alot of spiders? I know that sounds strange; my partner has a real problem with spiders. No other insects bother him, but it would honestly ruin our time there if he was freaking out all of the time.

3) I know it's crude, but costings? We have an absolute max budget of 7k - we'd prefer about 6k, but will go to 7 if needed. Are we living in cuckoo land thinking that 7k will pay for the kind of wedding we are dreaming of?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards.

1. Re: Message for Masie:

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:09 am, July 20, 2010
Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Message for Masie:

Blimey - cochroaches in bed! I never experienced that....!!

Dont let it put you off, im very squeamish with anything creepy crawley - and after 1 day I had got used to the noises etc. (unless your OH has severe phobia)

The bungalows on bird island have open roofs (so birds can sometimes fly in) but the beds have mosquito nets - so providing you keep them down then nothing should get in (we safety pinned ours).

If you are in doubt - then maybe look at one of the other islands, they all have something to offer.

Bird is natural, beautiful, relaxing, ...you dont have to be dressed up to the nines for dinner, its not luxury...but we have never come back from anywhere so relaxed.

England
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Message for Masie:

Bird Island is a must visit if you go to the Seychelles, combine it with a luxury resort for a little pampering, but do ensure you see this unique island. It is a wonderful place to relax with nature, the Birds & Giant Tortoises (roaming free unlike many other islands) are very tame & there is a good chance of seeing Turtles hatching!

Spiders aren't a problem you see very few, but as the rooms are open you will see other insects & Geko's if you have the lights on at night.

Much depends what you want, but if you want the experience trip of a lifetime do this

1/ Take a Kenyan African safari 6-7 nights

2/ Travel on to the Seychelles

spend a couple of days on mahe, one to rest the other to take tour around the main islands in one busy day, some where reasonable like the Wharf or the Northolme.

a/ Spend a few days in BirdVisit Bird (3-4 nights)

b/ Spend a few days in a luxury resort (Denis, Alphonse, Desroche)

(5 nights-ish) to round off the holiday!

The smaller islands feel much more "special than Mahe, La Digue & Praslin.

Should just get into budget if the Safari is standard.

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Message for Masie:

Thanks so much for your time and help!

I will chew through your advice.

Kind Regards

Gemma

5. Re: Message for Masie:

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Denis Island
More Denis Island Topics