We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Honeymoon

indonesia
14 posts
Save Topic
November Honeymoon

Hi,

I'm planning on going for a 6-day, 5-nite honeymoon in Seychelles. Denis Island is one of my final choices. The others are: Labriz Silhoutte, St. Anne, Cerf island, and L'archipel in Praslin.

I wonder if anyone can give me any advice on the following matters in Denis:

1. How's the food?

2. How are the villas? are they luxurious? some ppl say they are, some say they're ok.

3. How're the beaches compared to the ones in Praslin/La Digue?

4. I heard that there's no TV in the villas, is that true?

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

-david

indonesia
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: November Honeymoon

Sorry about the double post, I forgot to ask one more thing:

it seems like we have to fly with air seychelles to get to the island. can anyone tell me how much return airfare costs for this trip?

Thanks!!

-d

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November Honeymoon

The villas are large, very large, and can be opened on three sides to the sea. Think wood, a palm thatched roof, floating white muslin curtains, inside bathroom with bath and walk-in shower, plus outside shower in own private garden and a huge terrace facing the sea.

They do have air-conditioning, although when we were there in July this year we never used it, and a fridge which the bar in the main building will stock up for you. There isn't room service as such, no flunkies running around with cocktails. And there are no televisions, no radios and there are even on-going discussions about removing the phones from the rooms. You can't use a mobile there, there's no signal, but If you do want to catch up on emails or need a TV fix then there is a very well-equipped and comfortable media room in the main building.

But when you go to Denis you are not paying for gyms, spas, plasma TVs etc. etc. There is no point going there, none at all, if that's what you want. You're paying for solitude, privacy, your own stretch of sea, your own stretch of beach. And we thought our stretch was pretty much perfect.

The central area which houses the bar, the restaurant, staff offices, media room is a beautiful structure. Very sophisticated without being fussy. All wood and cool colours. Virtually completely open-sided. So no air-conditioning - and you don't need it with the breeze coming off the ocean.

And the food just fits in with the above. Exactly what you would expect, exactly what you want. Fresh fish, salads, fruits, vegetables, grilled meats, curries, Creole buffets and always a tantalising display of desserts and some wonderful French cheeses. And a good wine list.

So, yes, it's luxury - the luxury you would expect on a Robinson Crusoe where everything - whether food, drink, housekeeping supplies etc. - has to be flown in by air, or grown on the island or fished from the sea. Not the luxury you would expect in a five star city hotel. So perhaps best to think sophisticated rustic and be more than pleasantly surprised. Hope that helps. We LOVED it.

3. Re: November Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Denis Island
More Denis Island Topics