We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days gorilla trek or 1 day gorillas & 1 day golden monkey

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
2 days gorilla trek or 1 day gorillas & 1 day golden monkey

I'm having a hard time deciding on what to do with my time in PNV. My friend and i are definately doing 1 gorilla trek ( the 2nd day), as well as the Mt.Bosoke trek on our 3rd day. However, on our 1st day, I'm not sure whether to do a 2nd gorilla trek or the golden monkey trek. My friend is going to do the golden monkey trek. I'm just not sure which one I want to do. I should add, I don't know how I will react to the altitude as I *think* I've only been at about 7500 feet in the past.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated! :) Thank you!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 2 days gorilla trek or 1 day gorillas & 1 day golden monkey

Ohmorrisr, we were looking at going to Nyungwe NP ourselves but ended up taking it out. Were you planning on flying from PNV down to Nyungwe? How much time are you allowing exactly, like 1 day and 2 nights? If you fly in one day, overnight, have the full day the next day, overnight , and then out, that might be ok, although imo still rushed. If you are driving, it's a several hour drive so you would want to account for that.

We finally decided to cut Nyungwe from this trip and I'm doing 2 gorilla treks instead, with the 3rd day to climb Mt.Bisoke at PNV. If you have only 2 days, I would probably focus on one area instead of both.

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: 2 days gorilla trek or 1 day gorillas & 1 day golden monkey

The more gorilla treks if one can afford them, the merrier. Spending 1 hour with the gorillas, is the most amazing experience one could ever have. Have a great trip.

Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 2 days gorilla trek or 1 day gorillas & 1 day golden monkey

RwandaFan you said you were taking your whole family to Rwanda including a 6-year-old? I think you would be back by now as you said you were going in February. My understanding is that kids have to be 15 in order to do the treks - is that right? If so, what do you do with younger kids while you are on a trek?

24. Re: 2 days gorilla trek or 1 day gorillas & 1 day golden monkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 15, 2016