We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

ottawa
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

Going on gorilla trek, solo traveller, which lodge is best for comfort, food, good service and to meet other travellers - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View Lodge? Both have good reviews.

13 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
1,852 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

I recently stayed for two nights as a solo traveler at the Mountain Gorilla View and had a fabulous experience. Service was tops, comfort superb, and the kitchen prepared excellent meals. May has a reputation for being rainy and people tend to avoid trekking then, so there were only two other guests my first night and I was the lone guest the second night. Staff fell all over themselves, trying to assist me in any way possible. I enjoyed chatting with the other guests -- a couple from Australia -- and we ended up together the next day as the three trekkers looking for the Kwitonda group.

2. Re: Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:28 pm, November 02, 2011

3. Re: Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

4. Re: Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

5. Re: Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,210 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

Is that a football score or am I missing the point here?

Bambou. Do you realise that it is against the rules to promote your product without declaring an interest? No prize for guessing your picture!

SF bay area
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

We just got back from a trip to Uganda and Rwanda. We stayed at the Mountain Gorilla View Lodge. It was a very nice place. The scenery was very peaceful around all the cabins. There is a bar and lounge area outside the dining room that is very conducive to meeting other guuests. We met some very nice people with incredible and interesting stories. The rooms ar very large with a seating area in front of a fire place that they will light whenever you want. When we were there they were in the process of changing out some of their older mattresses with new ones, king-sized and very firm. Some of our 15 person group had issues with smoke from the fire coming into the room but it was dealt with quickly with apologies. This place also offered to clean our shoes for free after we trekked. Some of us did not take them up on the offer that day but the next day we asked and they did it for us anyway. The food was very nice- buffet style- European and African cuisine. It is very close to the trekking offices though the short road into and out of the lodge is what they call an African massage it was nothing compared to the road we were on on the way to our trek. This Lodge is a very nice place. Just be sure that if you have a problem you let them know. They were more than willing to get it straightened out but they can't fix what they don't know about. :) Have a great trip. The trek to the gorillas was so worth it!

Edited: 12:22 pm, July 26, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

“Impressive service! Unbelievable kindness!”

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 August 2011

person found this review helpful

We stayed at Le Bambou after tracking for gorillas (so worth it, regardless of steep price!). The rooms were spacious and we enjoyed that they provided a log fire in the evening.

I foolishly left my wallet at the lodge. I only discovered this when I got back to Kigali. I called the hotel and they had found it. Then, they drove two hours to return it to me in perfect condition and they would not even accept gas money! It was unbelievable service and kindness!

Kutno
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

Hi mfuwe,

I have a permits !!! I am happy. Unpleasantly me, that I did not believe in honesty Mugisha, but this is his fault. He could write me when he got money from me and could write that permissions will be later. This will be honest, and I would be calm. Now, I can write, that Wildlife Tours Rwanda is a honest local tour operator. I hope that my trip will be amazing and everything will be OK. Best regards

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,210 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?

Good to hear that Nitka.

I was fairly sure that it would turn out OK but one never knows for sure.

Maybe you would post this on the topic where you said this just to finish off the story? That way if people search they will get teh beginning and the end.

Good luck and enjoy your visit.

Reply to: Feedback - Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted