We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari booking

Wokingham, UK
7 posts
Save Topic
Safari booking

My girlfriend and I are spending two weeks at Southern Palms in August. We would like to do a 2 or 3 day safari, and are wondering if it is better to book these before you go, or not. We would rather stay in the lodges than camp, and are wondering if these get booked up, and if so, how quickly?

Many thanks :-)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari booking

Hi

book them there, there's couple of reputable firms up the road from the hotel - they don't charge the same commission as the hotel and are therefore, cheaper.

If you can afford it, use the camps, they are excellent and it will be something you remember for the rest of your life.

spangenberg
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari booking

Hi Elpedro,

You could book your trip either when down there, but early booking makes the Tour leader have enough time to do reservation since not all times the lodges or camps are free. Camping safari would be nice.

Try to check out with the Tour companies being recomended on the forum like www.micssafaris.com, DM don't know his site.

Sometimes they are cheaper on the web site than in the office.

All the best.

Skyblu.

3. Re: Safari booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:55 pm, June 08, 2006
London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari booking

Hi there

We;re off to SP in July and I have booked our Masai Mara safari with mics safaris. (£325 each for 2 days one night by plane at Governors) All done via email, all very professional. Deposit paid by bank transfer the rest paid when we get their. We have also booked our Dolphin Dhow in advance.

I think this is a very busy time of the year, and I'd rather know it was all booked and sorted.

Hope that helps.

Lex