We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Migration in the Mara

Manchester England
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Migration in the Mara

Hi there,

We are due to stay at DSR in October and hope to do a two night three day safari to Masai Mara - we will use J T Safari's as he gave us such good service last time that I wouldn't think of going with anyone else.

The last time we were in the Mara was in March last year and we had no problem booking Kichwa Tembo. I am wondering if the migration goes on into October (we travel on 18th) in case this means I will need to think about booking Kichwa Tembo before we go as I guess these camps get full during the great migration. Also it would be really nice to know if we are likely to see any of it. I was really surprised to see that there were long lines of Zebra and Buffalo crossing the Mara even in March - something I never thought I would see at that time of year and something I will never forget.

Many thanks for any advice given

Manchester England
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Migration in the Mara

bump

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Migration in the Mara

Yes, you are likely to see the tail end of the migration, and even much of the main body of the migration, and mid-October prices and occupancy will be high. Book now!

Richard

Hamburg
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Migration in the Mara

Just a quick highlight. During this period the migration is crossing back to the Serengeti national park. I therefore strongly suggest the best point and place where you are likely to see/have a game drive of lifetime would be at the serengeti northern side and not maasai mara Kenya. However if you have already booked i guess its late to change...

Good luck..

4. Re: Migration in the Mara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ukunda