We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baobab accomodation

Which Ukunda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester England
Level Contributor
236 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Baobab accomodation

Hi there,

We are due to stay at Baobab at the end of Feb. for two weeks.

Our holiday is already booked and we originally booked a standard room but since we booked I have heard so many nice reviews about Maridadi and Kole Kole that I am wondering if I should upgrade my room.

The only reason we didn't do this in the first place was the travel agent seemed to be charging an arm and a leg for the upgrade.

What I was wondering was - is it possible to e-mail the hotel directly to upgrade your room and pay on arrival - and if so, is it likely to work out a better deal speaking directly to them, rather than going back and doing it through First Choice.

Any help from anyone who has experience of this would be much appreciated.

I'm still soooo looking forward to our holiday regardless of what room we have but it's just a thought.

Thanks in advance

East Sussex
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Baobab accomodation

I am looking at their website for any last minutes.... any clue on the cost?

Kenya
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baobab accomodation

Hi, well, having already booked with the urgent there it would mean or it means they are the only the ones that are recognized by the hotel and as their major supports it would not be easy to go direct to the hotel so please I request you to talk to the urgent or gamble to see whether when you are here you may do something with the hotel.

Good luck and welcome to Kenya.

Preston
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Baobab accomodation

Hi, We've just come back from Baobab. You'll really enjoy it I'm sure.

I emailed them prior to going out with regard to an upgrade which I was happy to pay for. We ended up moving to the Kole Kole wing for an agreed price of15 Euro per person per night which I paid on check out with the rest of the bill. Their exchange rate must have changed a little too as we ended up paying a bit less when it was converted into Kenyan shillings. Enjoy !!

Manchester England
Level Contributor
236 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baobab accomodation

Thanks everyone

I will speak to the hotel and see what they can offer. I think you got a really good deal Captain. I wouldn't hesitate if they offered something similar to me - but either way I'm really looking forward to going..

5. Re: Baobab accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 02, 2011