We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deposit for JT Safaris

Which Ukunda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pontefract
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Deposit for JT Safaris

Can anyone help me - my bank are asking for £20 fee to transfer small deposit to J T Safaris - is this right?

Thanks

Diane

uk
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Deposit for JT Safaris

totally agree with you richard, the sooner they adopt a payment system like paypal the more business they will do , same for some hotels who make excuses about card machine not working, they are loosing good business

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Deposit for JT Safaris

4sandi, with respect in my experience all good companies dealing with incoming tourists accept credit cards. Those who don't are simply cutting their costs to the bone and transferring them to their clients. My guess would be that if Diane were to insist on paying by credit card, maybe even offering a 5% supplement to the deposit (ie £3.60) they would find a way to accept it.

Or as pj265 says, just insist on paying on arrival.

Richard

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Deposit for JT Safaris

I see you had a very good experience with F Kings safaris, SwanseaJeff, and he did not ask for any deposit at all from you. Well, he must have changed his policy because he is currently insisting on a £300 deposit from us - which is more than 30% of the total price of our proposed safari in March. He is completely unwilling to negotiate on this and I'm seriously having second thoughts about this company, despite all the great reviews. It very much seems to be different rules for different people (and not just those who are return customers).

Swansea
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Deposit for JT Safaris

Sorry about your experience. My son and girlfriend went in February, we went in July cant understand his policy, Not good for business.

Kenya
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Deposit for JT Safaris

Diane,

For any service there must be a cost but again is expensive. Ask them to accept payment by PayPal, don't they have that facility? It is of free charge as per as i know.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,328 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Deposit for JT Safaris

Topafrica,

You cannot receive paypal payments in Kenya, you can only make payments, so it is not an option. One or two Kenyan businesses owned by Europeans have Paypal accounts set up in their European country, but it is not possible for a purely Kenyan company.

South Wales
Level Contributor
267 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Deposit for JT Safaris

We paid a deposit to JT Safaris last year and my bank charged.We have had quotes off JT and Fking for December and JT is cheaper even with a 4x4 on our own (2 of us).If I have to pay a small deposit so be it. I know i will not pay another penny until after the safari. £20 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Deposit for JT Safaris

We have booked safari with JT (we fly out on Friday) after reading all the fantastic reviews and we also read about the tranfer charges but after emailing julius and arranging every thing i explained aobut not wanting to pay charges so we decided we would pay once we arrived, he was courtesy itself and we have arranged to meet him outside our hotel prior to trip so we can pay in cash, so I am sure this can be sorted with no problems if any on else has same worriy

Edited: 1:14 pm, November 03, 2010
19. Re: Deposit for JT Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 03, 2011