We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Palms Fire!!

Which Ukunda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Southern Palms Fire!!

Oh my goodness I have just been reading your emails about the Hotel Fire! We left approx 2 weeks after the fire by the looks of things.

To anyone who is planning a trip to Southern Palms I certainly not recommend it as we found several brown stains on the bedroom walls, my bed was made one time in 10 days! Unbeleivable it really was! The sheets reeked with the stench of dust, and to my horror there was no chocolate eclair left on three occasions also. This simply added insult to injury, it really did.

However, the one thing that we were really thankfull for was the great Staff that worked there, they were absolutely fantastic.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Palms Fire!!

Boy, am I glad I joined this forum, it pays to be kept informed. My family and I are booked to stay at the Southern Palms in five weeks time, I had heard nothing from my Tour Operator First Choice regarding the incident. I decided to contact them direct today and was told that as I have heard nothing, my holiday will go ahead. I had been reading the good and bad reviews for some months now, but decided that the good out-weighed the bad, but now in view of the health and safety issues, I have serious reservations about my stay there.

First Choice have stated that their Inspectors have seen the hotel following the fire, and have reported that the hotel will be operating as 'normal' in two weeks time. So does 'normal' mean a secure fire alarm system and a patched up hotel or reduced accommodation and a team of builders in the resort?

London
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Palms Fire!!

Just talked to a friend in south coast, the hotel was virtually gutted and will be closed for a 'substantal time' for renovations, Suggest you speak to your travel agent again

3. Re: Southern Palms Fire!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 03, 2009