We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diani sea resort kenya

bolton
Level Contributor
263 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
diani sea resort kenya

going to kenya november, usually go north mombasa thinking of trying diani sea resort.

can anyone tell me if there is any restaurants/bars near the hotel to have a change from the hotel at night, also are there shops banks etc near the hotel

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: diani sea resort kenya

Hi we have just returned from our second visit to Diani Sea Resort and it is an excellent choice to food in the hotel is wonderful and you will get excellent service from everyone from room boys to the hotel management, there are plenty of restaurants outside the resort but have never felt the need to try them as we tend to eat from the al a carte menu every night which has a 3 week turn around so you never eat the same meal twice, if you need any further info or contacts email us on office@racingrevelations.co.uk

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: diani sea resort kenya

I just got back from Diani Sea Resort - FANTASTIC !!!

Considering that it is 3 star - the hotel has a superb landscape, garden & swimming pool. Food is also quite good. The rooms are very clean & mostly all overlook the ocean front. This has got to be the BEST VALUE ALL INCLUSIVE hotel in Mombasa !!

The food is varied with different themes on diff. days i.e Continental, Indian, Italian, German,etc, etc.

Fruit cocktails are AWESOME. Most guests were repeat guests & had no complaints. Beach is lovely for swimming & snorkelling.

Stef.

Guildford
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: diani sea resort kenya

It's really encouraging to read your post as we're flying out next Monday and will be staying at the Diani Sea Resort.

Any specific hints/tips you may care to share would be much appreciated.

Nigel

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: diani sea resort kenya

Diani Sea Resort is a wonderful hotel and the staff wil do everything they can to help you, remember they are on very low wages and rely on tips. Make the effort to look at the al a carte menu you won't be dissappointed, don't just go up to the buffet every night. Don't be intimidated by the beach guys just say no and remember the shops outside the hotel are better quality and cheaper. If you want any more advise email us office@racingrevelations.co.uk

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: diani sea resort kenya

I can't think of anything negative of the hotel. The setting is marvellous !! The hotel is just the perfect size - not too big & not too small.

The hotel is set in the midst of tropical rainforest with palm trees everywhere & beautiful exotic plants.

There's Fish & Pasta on the menu everyday of the week. As it's a German managed hotel , there's a large variety of different bread which is freshly baked.

The pool is very warm & has a waterfall. View out into the indian ocean is breathtaking from the hotel grounds. The staff are very friendly.

Evening entertainment is also varied. There was a live band, Maasai dancers, DJ, etc,.etc...

There's plenty of free mineral water available for everyone despite what the reviews say. The Air con. works up quite quickly & room become cool in a matter of mins.

There's no other ALL INCLUSIVE hotel for that price that can match Diani Sea Resort in Mombasa !!!

Stef.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: diani sea resort kenya

I agree its fantastic

manchester
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: diani sea resort kenya

I am considering this hotel for my 2008 holiday , just wondered what is the seating arrangement in the restaurants? we prefer a table for 2 not sharing with others , I know it sounds anti social but we just like quality time together.

thanks, shirleyv

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: diani sea resort kenya

Tables for 2 are available or any number for that matter so you can be as romantic as you like. You will love the hotel the services is fanastic there are restaurants outside in fact there are several email us and we can give you the number of a good taxi driver who will show you all the best places to go our email is office@racingrevelations.co.uk

West Sussex
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: diani sea resort kenya

I've just back from kenya and I hate to be a party pooper but the Diani Sea Resort is the WORST hotel I have ever been too. I would urge you to pay a little bit more and go to the Diani Reef Beach Resort and Spa as it is so so so much nicer.

We arrived at the Diani Sea Resort quite late on Monday of last week, the welcome we received was nice and they had saved some dinner for us which was not the best food ever but it filled a hole. However, the table cloths in the restaurant were dirty and had bugs on them. The plates were also not clean and the drinking water smelt funny. You cannot get bottles of sealed mineral water on the all inclusive side of things; they cost 150 shillings each. The water they supplied in glasses was luke warm and smelt slightly of sea water. Breakfast was disgusting, the "hot" was not hot and the "cold" food was luke warm. Flies everywhere too.

The real problems started when we went to our room; the bathroom abosultely stank of mold. All of the grout in the tiles was mouldy. The mirrors were chipped around the edges and the supplied toiletries were very cheap and I am sure the shower gel was watered down. The shower was a good power shower which had great pressure but again the water smelt awful and when it got on yourt face it felt like you were wasking in the sea. I did not feel any cleaner having had a shower.

The bed was hard and the mattress had a big dip in it where it was so old and had been slept on so many times. The worst thing about the bed though was that it was a double bed which had been fitted with single sheets that overlapped each other! Not very nice or comfortable! I would suggest taking your own pillows as ours were rock hard and we were only supplied with one each.

There is no fridge in the room, the safety deposit box will cost you a fair amount for the week and it's an old fashioned key type rather than a code.

You have to pay to rent the beach towels, it is 1000 shillings per towel and you are given a flimsy receipt that you must not lose or you wont get your money back.

Do not arrive thinking "oh good it's all inclusive we wont need any money" because you do!!!

The worst thing about the hotel was the staff; we had a conversation with the manager about the hotel and told him we wanted to leave. He suggested we take a look at the suit which overlooks the sea, we agreed although we had already made up our minds to leave, and he said he would send a porter to the room to take us. He never arrived! Very poor servise considering they were supposed to be making us want to stay.

We spent less than 24 hours in this hotel, in which time I already had an upset stomach! We upgraded ourselves to the Diani Reef Resort and Spa up the road which was just amazing.

If you are into very very cheap and not so cheerful holidays then the Diani Sea Resort is for you, if not then I would seriously consider changing your booking before you arrive and have to go through the bother of changing once you're there.

Oh and the TV in the room only worked on and off by the way.

Having said all of this I must comment on the fact that the pool is very nice and looked clean although I did not go in myself.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the hotel.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: diani sea resort kenya

Mascv

I really do not know what your problem is you only stayed in the resort for one night and did not give George the hotel manager a chance to resolve any of your problems, if you had spoken to people i am sure thing could have been sorted, it sounds as if you arrived very late and night and it does sound as if they specially arranged food for you, remember that in Kenya fresh water is not regularly available all showers are salt water and the water in resort is bottled but just filled from the reseptical in the bar

We have been to the Diani Sea Resort twice and will be going for a third visit booked direct with the hotel next feb

Do not worry anybody thinking of visiting you will not be disappointed