*I am asking these on behalf of my Mum who isn't familiar with TA. She is spending one month doing volunteer work at a place about 20km out of Luganville. (Maybe called Talua?? i'm not sure and I can't recall what she told me sorry)
She has a few questions that I'm hoping someone can help with:
* Is there somewhere in town where she can purchase local sim cards/usb internet stick for an I-pad ? And approx. cost would be great
* From what we can gather there is a bus service but it seems to start in the afternoon? Which is fine as she is working Mon-Friday 9-5 hours. But could she catch it after work to go for dinner and then would it still be operating to bring her home?
Does a bus service run longer on Saturdays?
* Further on from the last point - Is it safe for her in Santo (ie to travel alone at night)
* Is there anything that previous travellers think she should know. Obviously she is there to work, not so much as a holiday so her experience isn't going to be about the best dive or snorkel sites
* She is worried about mozzies. Are mozzie nets easy enough to buy at one of the supermarkets or should she bring one? (we've no idea if there is one at the accom she has)
Same with repellent - is it easy enough to get or cheaper to buy in Australia before she leaves
I may have more questions in the next week so please bear with me
Thanks in advance