We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moyyan and...

Brisbane, Qld
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Moyyan and...

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Santo in September and had been hoping to stay at Moyyan for a week, however they can't accomodate my boyfriend and I (early 30s) anymore than 4 nights on the dates we would prefer.

Can anyone recommend somewhere of a similar standard for two or three nights? Should I focus on places near Moyyan or look for something more central?

Thanks!

Campbelltown...
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moyyan and...

I can recommend Oyster island!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moyyan and...

We stayed at Moyyan House in March and just loved it. Right next door to Moyyan is another little place, so identical to Moyyan that I thought it was part of it when we first arrived there, called Barrier Beach House. They often take the overflow from Moyyan. Well worth a look as it is the most idyllic setting.

Otherwise, Oyster Island is lovely too, with good review. I stayed there in March last year and enjoyed it too. Santo is the most beautiful place, and you can't go wrong whereever you stay.

Cheers, Barbara

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moyyan and...

Just back from Santo. We stayed at Ratua for a week, which we reckon is brilliant. Price is a little high, but you get free Sunset Cruise, free massage, free mountain bikes, free archery, free canoes etc so you really have no need to leave the island. I would not recommend staying anywhere "central" ie near Luganville - the shops are a waste of time unless you want cheap Chinese junk, and there are no nice beaches in the Luganville area, the area around Moyyan is much nicer. We popped into Lope Lope Adventure lodge for a drink - this place is excellent - very impressive with great views and huge bar / restaurant overlooking the water, and large sports bar with pool tables, TV etc. It is also very close to Moyyan.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moyyan and...

I second Jody's suggestion. Oyster Island would be my pick.

J

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moyyan and...

I would also reccomnd Oyster Island

6. Re: Moyyan and...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 13, 2013