We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

I've been to Vanuatu three times for holdays and its absolutely wonderful there but I've decided that I prefer to stay in Santo.

The people are friendly, there's lovely weather and beautiful natural places to visit during the day.

I've noticed there's a multitude of holiday houses in Port Vila but I can't find any on Santo. Does anyone know of any houses available for rent by tourists in the Luganville/Surrounding islands area that can sleep six people? I'm interested in experiencing a holiday in a self-contained property rather than a resort

Thank you so much.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

Thought I would bump this up as I am interested in any replies.

Any ideas??

Danielle

New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
238 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

When I was there a short time ago most real estste agents carried rental properties. Just googled real "estate agents in luganville" and the first one that came up gave me this

http://www.firstnationalsanto.com/

Check under the rental button.

Edited: 12:05 am, May 19, 2011
Kapiti Coast
Level Contributor
647 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

Hi, not sure if these are the sort of things you would be interested in, I have been looking at them for when we visit next year.

Saraotou: Beach House and Moyyan by the sea. I found them just be doing a searching for rental home accommodation.

Good luck with finding something

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

Moyyan is a resort.

I would be interested to hear how you go as well.

The first national listings are all long term rentals.

You could book at a place like Hotel Santo, Oyster Island, The Beachfront Resort, Coral Quays or Deco Stop Lodge for a couple of days and see if you can get something once you're on the ground ie enquire in person, but if nothing becomes available then finish off your stay at one of the above, which are all quite nice anyway.

Saratou is only for couples so the six of you may find it a challenge to get a house to fit the bill.

Happy travels,

Jen

Hobart, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

Try,

barrierbeachhouse.com.au

This may be more what you are after.

Santo
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

You might want to try Santo Chinese Restaurant and Motel. They have apartment complexes which can house couples. Self contained rooms with air conditioning. Wifi access and in the center of town. No one knows of this place as my friend told me as we landed. Restaurant downstairs too. Price is pretty all right for Vanuatu standards as we stayed there for a month.

7. Re: Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, January 29, 2012
bundaberg
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

I am looking for a private home to rent on the outskirts of luganville, Santo, Vanuatu (not through a real estate firm) I would need absolute water front, to sleep 3 couples, fully functional kitchen, 2 bathrooms & fans/air con, I would need for it to be serviced every third day if not every day. I am willing to pay $300 per night. Please advise it you have a home to fit this criteria.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

You would be very very lucky to find anything like that around Luganville Robyn. Your best bet is a real estate agent up there

Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday houses for rent in Luganville/Santo, Vanuatu?

We have just booked a house on Santo with car & daily maid service.

This is our 2nd trip to Santo (previously stayed at Moyyan & Ratua) and this house is through Barrier Beach (within a cooee of Moyyan)