We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help, where to stay in Ha'apai?

sydney
1 post
Save Topic
Please help, where to stay in Ha'apai?

Hi there,

I'm planning my Ha'apai trip at the end of August. I've done some research, wanted to stay at Matafonua, but found out they're booked out till mid September...=( I've never been to South Pacific and therefore wanted to stay in a place with beautiful beaches, great snorkeling, etc. but for down to earth prices - nothing like Sandy's.

If anyone knows about some other spots around Ha'apai, please let me know. I'll be grateful for any kind of information...

Or should I just stay on the main island and try to find white beaches at the islands around?

Thanks

Level Contributor
46 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help, where to stay in Ha'apai?

Hi Michalqua,

you have a few more options to stay on a gorgeous white sandy beach in Ha'apai. There are three resorts on Uoleva Island. Diana´s and Captain Cooks are pretty basic, but reasonably clean with absolute beachfront huts on the most incredible beach you can imagine. They are backpacker style (accommodation and price wise) and have great swimming and snorkeling spots on their doorstep.

Then there is the newly opened Serentiy Beaches Resort, which is more in the midrange with Balinese style timber fales, good swimming and snorkeling, too. Check out http://www.serenitybeaches.com

Apart from that there are several affordable guesthouses on Ha'apai´s main island Lifuka. Billy´s Place is directly on a nice beach, but a bit deserted and out of town. Good swimming and snorkeling spots as well as nice beaches can be reached from any guesthouse within about 15 minutes walking.

Hope this helps. Happy travelling!

2. Re: Please help, where to stay in Ha'apai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:31 am, February 03, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Ha'apai Islands
More Ha'apai Islands Topics