We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Pearl Suites vs Tongavilla and Sundays on Nuku'alofa

New Zealand
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Black Pearl Suites vs Tongavilla and Sundays on Nuku'alofa

I will be spending two Sundays on Nuku'alofa I was hoping to go to a offshore island on one of those sundays (Not sure which one as its hard to choose only ONE) and the other checking out the island and the blowholes (what is the best way to go about this i would like to hire a car but i don't think this can be done on a Sunday?).

I was worried about getting around on a Sunday do Taxis and tours still operate? (i know i read about this somewhere but i can't find it again).

This was also my reason for asking about black pearl vs Tongavilla as tongavilla is close to the ferry terminals. Would i easly be able to get the the ferry terminal from black pearl on a Sunday and if so how much would it cost?.

I am arriving late Saturday and leaving early Monday on both weekends.

Thanks

New Zealand
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black Pearl Suites vs Tongavilla and Sundays on Nuku'alofa

Found a list of tour operaters don't know if they do tours on Sundays will have to give them a ring.

Dateline Hotel Phone: 23411

Friendly Island Experience Phone 29910 www.tongaexperience.com

Friends Tours, Phone: 22390

Jones Travel & Tours, Phone: 23423

Kesi Tours/ Toni's Tours: Phone: 21049

Malo e lelei Tours, Phone: 22742

Paea Tours, Phone: 21103

Teta Tours, Phone: 23690

From what i can gather there it limited or no Taxi service on a Sunday

New Zealand
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black Pearl Suites vs Tongavilla and Sundays on Nuku'alofa

emailed www.tongaexperience.com and they do do tours on Sundays if there is 4 or more people.

As for Taxis on a Sunday i heard it is possible if you organise on the Saturday or the Hotel should be able to sort something out for me.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black Pearl Suites vs Tongavilla and Sundays on Nuku'alofa

I arrived and left as you are doing two weeks ago. Suggest you change plans and stay at the waterfront lodge. Clean and tidy. Be ready for the standard of accom in Tonga. Not what you expect. Remember drink only bottled water clean teeth the same. Tongan open golf tournament 2 weeks ago got everyone sick eatin feast after the game. Be careful. Taxi or much of anything shuts down at 12 sat night . Churches in there millions do stay open. There is a small island just off from the Waterfront Lodge and there is a small shuttle boat that operates each hour . Ask accom they will direct you. people go there on sunday to swim ,beer and fish and chips as said all else is shut!!!!! Hope this helps.

USA
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Black Pearl Suites vs Tongavilla and Sundays on Nuku'alofa

Taxi services are available on Sundays.. accommodation can make arrangement for you.

Black Pearl is fairly nice but not sure about TongaVilla as I have never stayed there. Waterfront Lodge is nice but if you arriving on Saturday evening, it will be noisy until 12midnight as there is a club close by.. and drunks may be still out after 12midnight.

I've heard good things on Sundays to Fafa Island Resort. Haven't experiece it though.

Good Luck.

5. Re: Black Pearl Suites vs Tongavilla and Sundays on Nuku'alofa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tongatapu Island