We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operator suggestions for Salar de Uyuni Tour

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tour operator suggestions for Salar de Uyuni Tour

I am visiting Bolivia in May/June.

Any recommendations for tour operators going to Salar de Uyuni?

I am debating a 3 or 4 day tour... any input on which one to pick?

Thank you!

Canmore, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Tour operator suggestions for Salar de Uyuni Tour

Hello

I am going to uyuni this july and I spent a lot of time checking forums about the best tour operators. I spoke with UYUNI TOURS BOLIVIA through several emails for a 4 day tour. I was going to book with them even if they kept asking for a 50% deposit through western union. Right before I gave them the payment, I simply asked them how I coud trust them and if they can give me some way of knowing this is not a fraudulous thing (everybody knows western union is not the safest method for someone you don't knoe). They gave me s**t for that and said to go elsewhere if I was not happy. Well that's what I did.

they have a nice website, FB page, they may be as good as they claim, but I never saw any review on the forums so it's kind of weird. I may be wrong, but a serious company will allow paypal/mastercard/visa for security deposit, not sending money through wester union to a dude that I don't know, and especially not be rude to a customer who is cautious.

So besides that deposit, maybe they are a good company but If you can book on-site I guess you can judge better. I also saw good comments on RED PLANET and Empexsa Expediciones, I will probably go with one of them...

22. Re: Tour operator suggestions for Salar de Uyuni Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 06, 2014