We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would like to go in September

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Would like to go in September

Hola - My husband and I are planning a trip to Venezuela in Sept. 2006, I was born there and have a ton of family there so I kind of know what to expect but it has been 15 years since I've been there. Two of our good traveling friends are going with us. We will be visiting a town called Cabimas which I think is an hour from Maracaibo. Any recommendations on sites to see and activities? We would love to absorb as much as we can for only a ten day visit, really interested in water, hiking, and any thing spiritual we can treasure. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

New York
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Would like to go in September

I am from maracaibo, living in USA for five years. Things have changed a lot. i don't know much about cabimas but in maracaibo there are many new shopping malls like Galerias Mall, Sambil Maracaibo (huge),Lago Mall,etc. Night life around "calle 72". Mi Vaquita, Mi ternerita, Kaboo,etc. But be careful with pickpockets and robbers (getting worst and worst) like always in our country. I don't want to scare you guys but use common sense and always take private cars or taxis. Have a nice trip. Good luck

2. Re: Would like to go in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 13, 2009